Monday, October 4, 2010

Random Ramles.

I have had a million and one random running thoughts going through my head today (and some not so running related) ... so I decided to share them with you. Enjoy.
  • Yesterday I ran a really awesome half marathon and I think the awesome-ness wasn't in the PR but the actual course and volunteers. I am still stunned how well it was run for only being the 2nd year here in Atlanta.  One of my favorite bloggers Tim did his recap and you can read it here
  • I am about 3 weeks out from the Marine Corps Marathon which means it is cram time. While others start to taper and trust their training, I start to freak out and build a little more endurance and strength. Yeah... not the best planner.
  • I was running today and saw pumpkins.  I know Halloween is creeping up, but will the pumpkins still be alive come October 31?! Won't they rot?!
  • Somone "hmmm'd" my Race Recap from yesterday - isn't a hmmm like a "huh interesting" or a "huh i don't get it" or a "huh you have me thinking" ... I personally didn't think a race recap was "hmm" worthy - but to each their own.
  • Hills - I know they make you stronger and faster and build your endurance but why do they have to be so menacing?!
  • Some of my favorite bloggers have been posting some awesome posts lately - super informative. For example Erin gave me some Pre-Race Moves (that I did not use, but want to/need to) ... Aron reminded me about taking care of myself you know sleep.stretch.foam roll.recover
  • I pulled a fun little training plan and I am implementing it starting today.
  • I am going to start doing speed work to try and get faster. But question: how exactly do I do speed work? I need insight & help. Pretty please.
  • Beauty and the Beast comes out of the Disney vault tomorrow - I am really hoping Kyle comes home from work with it.  To drop hints I have been singing "tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme, bitter sweet and strange..." I hope he has gotten the hint, but he is a boy so that is doubtful. :o)
  • I really hope you all have a good week and the weather is getting nice for everyone.  Fall is coming which means fun runs await!
So here is my training week:
Monday: 45 minute run. Tuesday: 60 minutes cross training Wednesday: Speed Intervals 4 times Thursday: Cross Train 60 minutes Friday: 30 minute run Saturday: 7 miles Sunday: Rest

5 comments:

  1. Speed work: For what race distance?

    Ugg, my wife mentioned beauty and the beast too. I just may end up with that during this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. try googling yasso 800s. they are pretty simple/basic speedwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that movie lands in my lap this week too!! :) Gimme Kyle's email address and I'll make sure he gets it for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on your HM.
    Speed work is dependent on what distance you plan to race. For HM lots of tempo runs and 800,1200 and mile repeats on a track if possible

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha I TOTALLY hhmmmmmmed your post. It made me think "hmmmm I wish I ran a race near my apt where I train." Hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete