Wednesday, October 20, 2010

randoms.

I have had about 4 million and one things running through my brain over the past few days. so here we go. bullet form. we will scratch three things Thursday tomorrow because of this...
  • the marine corps marathon is 12 days away. so i am starting to figure out times and where i need to be on the course at certain times. for example, i need to be at mile 17.5 in 4 hours and mile 20 in like 4 hours and 40 minutes. when i ran Disney in January, I hit mile 20 at 4 hours and 21 minutes, so *hopefully* I should be fine. am i allowed to write things like 17.5=4 hrs and 20=4.41 hrs on my hand?! or what about 1:15 (since that is when the bridge cut off happens)? Would you judge me? But who doesn't start second guessing themselves going into a freaking marathon????
  • i was looking at the weather for Northern VA (the 10 day forecast) and a lot of rain is planned for the week of the race. lets hope there is no more rain in the sky on race day. looks like i am bringing my running rain coat. oi.
  • i am having a rocking month of miles so far. just look ----->
  • there has been a lot of talk about the Boston marathon and the qualifying times and charity runners and how it sold out in 8 hours blah blah blah and i know i do not see eye to eye with a lot of people on this topic of discussion, so i am not even going to go there. but i do think that Boston is something that so many people work towards and when they do qualify it is an exciting moment in a runner's career (a  moment I may never be able to experience) and i personally am impressed and excited for everyone who has had their BQ moment. and that is all i am gonna say about that.
  •  i need to get a massage, pronto. my little legs are getting heavy and sore. I need to have all the kink worked out before running 26.2 miles. i think i am gonna plan for one Sunday. do 1 last long run Saturday and then get a good rub down. any suggestions for somewhere in Atlanta.
  • i decided to run my marathon in a running skirt. i hope i do not regret that decision. now i gotta figure out what to wear on top, but i am leaning towards a tank. yes. i may freeze but that is okay.
  • i am having an internal struggle with if i should or should not get a flu shot. i have been getting one for 3 years and nothing has ever happened, but since i am getting so close to my marathon i am scared to risk it. but then i am gonna be on a plane so i feel like i should be getting one. to flu shot now or to wait is the question...
  • I am really excited about the MCM tweetup that is happening on Friday night.  I am excited about meeting people at the Brooks table at the Expo on Friday. There have been so many people on Twitter encourage each other from the day we signed up till now that I want to put a face with a @name.
  • I ordered a ragnar hoodie in gray and I really hope I have it in time for my trip home to DC for MCM. With my luck, it will come Thursday afternoon... the day I fly out. =)  ...I am hoping there is a MCM hoodie I can buy at the Expo.  Barbie loves Hoodies.
  • so. this right here makes me nervous. don't know why. but hello nerves.
  • Right now I have 7.5 hours of music for the marathon. I think I have more than enough tunes to get me through. Some songs are on there about 5 times, but that i becaue i love them and they make me move.
and i will leave you with this: Run hard, be strong, think big. -- Percy Cerutty
and that i all i think. goodnight.

5 comments:

  1. Doctor told me to wait two weeks after my (11/14) marathon to get a flu shot, and to take a multivitamin with vitamin C with food daily until then. They're predicting a mild flu season, so as long as you get enough sleep and protect yourself, you should be good until after MCM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will Mount is awesome! He has done several marathons and is also a TNT alum. He is located in midtown. I used him before and after Seattle this summer and have continued to go for all of my other races. Good luck in MCM!! Will's #--- 404-909-3163

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck at the MCM! I'll be running the 10k so I'll look for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to post you're MCM bib #, right?? I wanna stalk you!

    And can you please share the link of the Ragnar hoodie? I must have one. I'm gonna work on making us all Ragnar necklaces like I made for the ChiTown ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard that you shouldn't get a flu shot 2 weeks before, or after a marathon. Wait until after MCM, you'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete