Thursday, October 28, 2010

three things thursday.

three things thursday. DC (err... VA) edition.  I worked a half day today. Went to the airport, worked from the airport, hopped on a plane, landed, had dinner with my parents, and got home to the house I was raised in because I am running a marathon on Sunday.  ....and onto my three things.

{one} on monday i was talking to my friend chrissy and hearing about how she got engaged and her wedding hopes and dreams and BAM my car spazzes and freaks and just stops. stops. stalls. mid-drive. i am going up a hill and bam, the whole thing is frozen and i am stuck. {insert panic} i try to call kyle and i call his OFFICE not his cell. 4 tries later the car starts back up and i call chrissy back to continue the conversation. Tuesday I am driving to work and BAM car stops again. {insert tears of frusteration} so i drove the car to the nissan dealership only to learn it is something about the cam and crank {no idea} they quote me and i say "fix it". I go to pick it up and suddenly, the quote is higher. {insert sassy attitude} and all of a sudden $50 worth of charges disappear.  i totally think they were trying to take advantage of me because i am a girl. But the total cost was still higher than the initial quote. I told the manager that i hope he can sleep better knowing that his staff lies to people. but i am lucky this all happened in neighborhoods and at red lights, it could have been worse and i could have been in an accident so i am thankful. ...well kyle still owed me money on our furniture and since he had a lot of extra money since it was a 3 paycheck month for me he wrote me a mini check to help pay for it. and he told me that right now we're practicing the for poorer part of "for richer and poorer" . one of the many reasons i love him.
{two} i hate traveling for 1 reason. leaving my little family. kyle always says "don't go" and then he tells me that he is going to turn on all the TVs in the house to make it as loud as i am.  it was so sad dropping mulligan off at daycare this morning. he did not want to say goodbye, he just wanted to run off and play in the playroom.  i understand that he loves daycare and rarely goes - but he won't see me for 4 days.  i got teary as kyle left for work and when i dropped my crazy critter off.
{three} as much as i hate taylor swift i actually want her new cd. i don't know why and nor do i think i will actually shell out the money for it in person or on iTunes but there are some songs on the CD that I actually am attracted to. normally her music makes my ears bleed, but this CD they did some major editing and it isn't too bad.

and with that. i am off to bed.

2 comments:

  1. oh, no...you're drinking the taylor swift koolaid! NO, NO, NO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh the same thing happened with my car a year ago!! It was making an awful noise, the Honda dealership said it was a simple ($400!!!!) fix, and as I was driving home it just STOPPED on McFarland! Turns out the dealership wasn't smart enough to check the ENGINE (!!!!!) and because of their carelessness it cracked. Had to be replaced. FML. I hate car dealerships.

    On a happier note, congrats on your MCM PR!!

    ReplyDelete