Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Say Goodbye to Negative Nancy!

1st I want to say. Over the past few days I have been Negative Nancy. I want to say thank you to everyone who has told me to shut up and suck it up and thank you to everyone who has sent me encouraging words via Facebook, Twitter, and Dailymile.

I have done a lot of thinking this week and zero running. Whoops. But I was thinking about how hard I have been on myself lately. It stems 100% from me wanting to always be the best/do the best I can and for some unknown reason I threw myself into marathon training when I first started … I got injured … and never really got back into it. I am at the point that I do not think I can currently train with the team … granted I think they would push me, but there is no way I am running 12 miles with the team. SO! I am going to do what I do best. Get back up on the horse and start where I am and bust my butt. I may not finish the marathon with a beautiful world record or even anything to rave about… but I am going to finish and I am going to live to tell about it.

Starting Monday my world changes. I am going to eat.sleep.breath marathon training. Why Monday you ask? Because I am still catching up on sleep/life from being out of town and when I start I want to give it all I can. Tomorrow I am joining Crunch Fitness (they’re giving me a stellar deal to not go back to LA Fitness) and I am going to do classes in the evening. The best part… they’re about a mile or so from the office so I am going to run to Crunch… work it out… and run back to my car. So… starting Monday morning I am going to start waking my butt up and running in the AM before work. Running to the gym after work. Hitting the gym at night -- I am pretty pumped about spin classes and a class called ‘tread and shred’ (a class on a treadmill for 1 hour, varying speeds and inclines). Running back to my car and heading home. On top of all that I am going to start the 200 sit ups challenge and the 100 push ups challenge. Which I will do while watching TV.

From now till race day there are a few races here in Atlanta that I have/am going to register for. Races are a forced way to get miles in. Granted it is only 2 10Ks and 1 5K … every bit helps. Right?

I already utilize dailymile.com but I am also going to start a daily journal to log my miles, my workouts, and my eating habits. Seriously. I am going to take this training seriously… I just hope it isn’t too late! AHH!!
Pray for me.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the marathon training. I just started to. It will go fast and we'll kick butt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that you felt so negative. But think about it this way, sometimes falling back and hitting low is what we need to see and feel what we really want... or maybe that's just me. Don't beat yourself up for not achieving everything, but yes, get your butt back up and get moving. This goes for anything and everything in life!! I love reading your posts... keep posting, and I am wishing all the very best wishes and luck to achieving all of your goals leading up to the marathon! :)

    ReplyDelete