Saturday, July 18, 2009

4 mile day.

"The journey between what you once were & who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place." -Barbara De Angelis

According to my team in training schedule today was supposed to be a 8 mile day. I ran/walked a little over 4 miles. But that is the longest I have gone since having my little ankle injury so I am satisfied. A few posts ago I mentioned how running should be a game {at least for me} and a few days ago I had decided I would make it my personal goal to beat how far I had gone on the prior run. And I have been doing so. So with 4 miles down today... the miles are only going to go up.

I had been struggling with the heat and running so close to home that I have decided to not run near my apartment. I drove to the office today and ran around Buckhead... down Peachtree, onto Roswell, up Piedmont... back to the office. It was a great route and because there were so many people 'observing' me it made me want to run more than walk. I also ran the parking garage and whoever suggested that to me is a genius because of the slow gradual incline. It whoops you. So I will make that a steady part of my training. =)

The weather in Atlanta though is amazing. It is breezy, cool, and great. Let's hope the weather back home in comparable. I am still in love with my shoes and I think I have found a love for Brooks.

In regards to Team in Training... I upped my goal to $5000 yesterday. I am a little over $700 away from meeting the new goal of mine. I figured I would up it since I was at 105% for the longest time and I want to raise as much money as possible for leukemia, lymphoma, and melanoma research. Now I am back to 84% -- Think about donating. It is an amazing cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment