Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Atlanta Summers.

I am gonna make this short, sweet, and to the point. It has been a rough week of training. I had been doing 100% of my training on the treadmill and decided that I need to get out and run on the roads. Experience the elements if you will. Well... it is totally kicking me in the butt. I feel like I am back and square one and over the weekend I began to really doubt my ability to do a full marathon, let alone a half. The Atlanta heat and humidity is really starting to take a toll on me and it makes it just that much harder.

Granted. I had a lot of really encouraging words sent my way over the weekend via facebook, twitter, and dailymile. So to everyone who told me to keep my chin up and keep at it. I really really appreciate it. One person told me that I wouldn't be a real "marathoner" if I did not doubt my abilities. I hope that is true.

I am going to my first Team in Training track training session tonight. It will be the 2nd thing I have done with the team since signing up. They're gonna wonder who the heck I am. It's at 6:30 and we evidently get in all the mileage required for the day... which means I will run 4 miles before going to bed tonight and I will have someone behind me shoving me as I want to die. Hopefully the fact that I knock out 4 miles will give me the confidence to keep going and chugging along for the rest of the week. After all... I have 22.2 more miles to go after I complete 4. Oi.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for adding me on DailyMile. I like that you are blogging, and you have a great cause for it! Gives me a little more inspiration to keep pushing myself! I am also keeping a blog, it's still work in progress... feel free to check it out! Looking forward to reading more from you! :)

    http://nikkicarnesi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did the run go? I'm sure you did fine, it always helps when you have other people there to motivate you!

    ReplyDelete