Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Headed home to DC!

So I am in for a much needed vacation, yet it will not be a vacation from training. Just the daily stress of life. I am headed back home to Northern VA tomorrow evening and I could not be more excited. However, I feel like my life will be in a panic trying to fit in running and seeing everyone (my family, Kyle's mom and stepdad, Kyle's dad and stepmom)... but I am hoping to be as consistent as humanly possible. After all... there is only so much time in 1 day.

I am pretty stoked about tomorrow because I took the day off. Other than having a million and 1 things to do before hitting the road, I am gonna check out this class called 'Tighten Up' at a local aerobic dance studio. According to them it is 1 hour to tone the entire body, increase muscular endurance, and help build stamina. 3 things I so desperately want. It's at 10:30 am and since I have the day off... I am gonna try to get a few miles in that morning. After all... I won't have the opportunity to run on Thursday since we will be driving the 2nd leg to DC.

As lame as this sounds... I am excited to run back home. The elevation and terrain changes so much... plus it's a new opportunity to people watch and take it all in. I want to try and hit the high school track/bleachers some and fingers crossed my Dad can/will sneak me into his gym. Anything to get some cardio/movement in while I am gone.

On a happy note -- I am getting back to where I was pre.ankle.injury. My endurance is getting back up... I am still walking a lot more than I would like, but all in good time. I have done about 4 miles on my last 2 runs and I could not be happier. Too bad Saturday is a scheduled 10 mile run and well, there is no way that is happening!! NO SIR! Fingers crossed for 6 miles, fingers crossed. I am also happy to report that the weather here in Atlanta is amazingly beautiful. It has made it so much easier to run for longer distances. However, I do need to get something to carry water with as I run and increase my miles... I do not want the belt... I have heard nightmares about it!!

Well. I hope to keep you posted on my runs in VA! If not, I will give you the skinny when I am back! If anyone is in VA and wants to run with me, let me know! I think I want to run Burke Lake and I would love love love a buddy! (You know in case I keel over and die around mile 5) =)

2 comments:

  1. It's good that you have a plan for keeping up your training while out of town. It might be good motivation for you to go do it, and for your friends and family to see you being active!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just a quick note to say thanks for the follow on my blog. best of luck as you work back up to full fitness and as you train for nike in october. btw, if you haven't read my post "inspiration" july 6th, you just might like it. have a grand vacation! run long, run smart, barbie.

    ReplyDelete