Sunday, July 1, 2012

:: Weekend Round Up ::

Let me tell you.  Kyle and I lived.on.the.edge. this weekend.

:: Total scarcasm ::

it was too hot to breathe and function, I am legit ready for the fall.

:: Our Weekend Went Like This ::

Friday I didn't leave work till like 6:15 because I was busy cleaning up a franchise owner's background screening snafau. But then I went for drinks at the W in Midtown to celebrate my friend Tiffany's birthday so all was right in the world.

But, I was at home and in bed by like 10:30 that night. Again. Living.On.The.Edge.

Saturday we slept till like 10:30 AM. I am not ashamed. After my work week I needed it.

But then it was HOT HOT HOT like 104* HOT so we didn't leave the house {other than popping our head out the door to tell the dogs to shut their mouth and stop barking}

So I was on the couch all day reading Hunger Games and watching Lifetime and Bravo and E! ... you know killing brain cells with reality television.

Then Kyle randomly asked me if he could "take me on a date" and he took me to dinner. The romance lives on!!

Kyle also decided it is time for a new vacuum so we researched vacumms. I am pulling for a Dyson. Kyle doesn't want to spend that much money.  I just have to keep reminding him we have gift cards from the wedding!!!

I went to Pure Barre with my friend Afton. Followed by a manicure and pedicure. Quality girl time with a great friend. A much needed simple get out of the house afternoon.

And I had to go to Crate and Barrel to pick up something I ordered weeks ago. But it was too hot and I said nevermind.

And I read and finished the 1st Hunger Games book.  Now I have to anxiously wait for the other 2 to come in the mail.

I stalked Etsy and found things that I just had to have to decorate our house. For example THIS. I am in love with this bible verse. And I want it and I know exactly where I will put it should I chose to spend my allowance on it.

-----------

I am looking forward to the short week this week! {Not looking forward to having to be a manager and put one of the people who report to me on a performance plan...} I have to go update my name on my passport tomorrow and then I am 100% a Shanahan.  But I LOVE short weeks and knowing I can sleep in, but going back to work on Thursday will be odd.


1 comment:

  1. Short weeks kick ass! I'm off Wed but I have to go back Thurs & Fri, but then I'm off Mon. Not too bad!

    ReplyDelete