Thursday, July 19, 2012

too early to think up a title.

Look at this early morning post from me! :)  I am at home this morning because our house is old and falling apart and the dishwasher broke like 2 weeks ago. And after having to hand wash dishes for a few weeks I  FINALLY followed up with our property management company to be like "um. hi. hello. what is going on with our dishwasher?!" ... and it appears the contractor didn't update them about a broken part and having to reschedule AND the contractor forgot to reschedule.  So... I am sitting here waiting for the dishwasher man to come to our house and make Kyle's week by fixing the dishwasher. we would have never made it in the non-electricity / no dishwasher era -- we.are.lazy.

But. With all that said. This morning has been so utterly relaxing. I am sitting on the couch - watching GMA, drinking my coffee, eating my yogurt, and monitoring my work email for important things. I got ready on my own time and it wasn't a mad sweaty dash to get up, ready, and out of the house {like normal} ... long story short - I could SO do this "stay at home" / "work from home" thing. ...like once a week. Let me be honest: I would DIE without social interaction.

I did love that both Mulls and Kens got in their crate like they normally do and when I just walked right past Kenne's crate and she realized I wasn't locking her up for the day she got SO excited and bounded out of the crate, tail wagging, and hopped on me to say that she was happy.  Little does she know that she will be locked up whenever this contractor gets here and then leaves.  Momma's gotta go to work to pay for your food and daycare and toys and vet visits and treats.  {but seriously, when will this dishwasher man be here?!}

On another topic.  This half marathon training is hard. Like harder than it was in the past.  Getting back into it is not the hard part.  I have been diligent about hitting the gym & working out & scheduling work outs - but I am having a hard time hitting the miles.  Maybe it is because I HATE HATE HATE treadmill running, but it is just too hot to run outside.  On top of it - my right foot {the arch} has been hurting.  Per the usual, I self diagnosed myself with tight muscles so I am making a much better effort to stretch and stretch a lot. And since my foot was REALLY hurting yesterday I skipped Blast900 since I didn't think hills, sprints, and running would be a good idea. But it is feeling better today - so I think I will try a little short run with lots and lots of stretching. :)

And. Since I am STILL waiting. I am going to Link Up with another fun link up I have seen bloggers doing called "It's Okay Thursday" ... probably won't be a weekly thing, but why not participate? (Objective: a list of things that in my mind are a-okay)
IT IS OKAY...
...to plan Kyle and my exotic 1 year anniversary trip that is WAY far away and I know won't actually happen...
...that I think it is super weird that people google search "barbie and kyle shanahan" {i know this thanks to the stats on how people find my blog}. Like why are you google searching us. We're LAME...
...to love on my dogs as much as I do...
...that I stay up WAY too late reading WAY too often. Sometimes a good book just sucks me in...
...that I really don't understand the point of this link up...
...that I am really impatient waiting for this contractor to come. I really need to get to work...
...that I ordered my 2013-2014 Erin Condren planner already. I know it was an impulse buy, but I just wanted to have it 100% ready for January 1...
...that I have not yet started my Christmas shopping even though I am normally 50% done by now...

...

That was random and weird. Not sure how I feel about that link up. But this whole post is random and weird.
1 more day till Friday ... I think we can all make it, right?! Even though Kyle and I have nothing on the calendar for this weekend I like to know that it is coming up and so super close.

.Ok. I think I am done.  



3 comments:

  1. lol, i don't understand either...but it's provocative! It's gets the people going! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, great list! I need to start shopping for Christmas soon, I always plan on having it done early, but that's never the case! Stopping in from the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really get it either, but it is something I look forward to every week. Beacause certainly somewhere out there someone is having just as weird thoughts as I am...and It's OK!!

    Love that you already got you 2013-2014 planner!!

    Stopping by from the link up

    ReplyDelete