Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday*s Letters

Before I get into my letters that sum up my week I would like to go on the record and state that this was the weirdest week in the history of all weeks.  July 4th threw me off.  Having a Wednesday off and then having to go back to work was like having two Mondays in one week and we all know that Mondays are by far the worst day of the week.


I am so super proud of all my buddies who toughed out the Peachtree Roadrace on the 4th.  The heat and the humidity - holy moly no ma'am.  I ended up selling my race number (the honest way - no profit made) because I was not ready for it nor did I feel like waking up early and toughing out 6.2 miles in the hot hot heat. :: slacker, i know. don't hate ::

I am starting half marathon training next week thanks to Elizabeth and her fabulous giveaway for the 13.1 Atlanta.  I have raced this in the past and loved it!

Kyle and I FINALLY found a local Chinese restaurant this evening so we are so super pumped.  We have Mexican and Chinese and Italian. Yum. But why is it that all the best Chinese places are in the most ghetto locations or buildings?!

:: And now... my Friday Letters ::



Dear Friday :: I am so so so grateful for you today.  This week was rough and people never cease to amaze me.  Next week is a new week and I hope hope hope it is hands down way better than this week. Oi Vey.

Dear Life :: I may complain too much about you and seem unhappy at times, but I really am grateful for you and everyone who is in my life. I do wish you'd slow down and throw me a bone sometimes, but I know that you're not handing me more than I can handle.

K doing P90X yoga! :o)
Dear Husband :: I am so proud of you for starting P90X and then sticking with it! I know you just started it but I am super impressed. And because I love you so... I will share this fabulous picture with even more Internet people!  But you do sweat a lot and it is kinda gross.  But don't worry.  I still think you're great, I just don't want hugs or for you to get too close. xoxo - much love. 

Dear Boy At Work Who Made Me Cry :: I know you don't know you made me cry because I hung up the phone. vented to my office mom. and cried. but still. you made me cry and you were not very nice. granted, me being mentally and physically exhausted probably didn't help all that much - but still - manage your employees and stop shoving your work onto me.

Dear Kyle :: I love you. And I love that you asked/said "is _______ still at the office?! Do I need to call him?! he does not make you cry" I love that you protect my honor from afar and think that people should treat me right.

Dear Office Mom :: I am forever grateful for you and your words of wisdom.  Don't kill me but I didn't leave early today like you ordered me to do.

Dear Mom and Dad :: I am going to try and come to Sanibel for a short weekend.  Kyle will probably stay here, but I think I need a break from reality and just disconnect from the world.  And if I am in Atlanta that won't happen.  I'm saving my allowance to see if I can afford a $300+ plane ticket.

Dear Miranda Lambert :: Please protect your voice this weekend and get better soon.  We have been looking forward to your concert next weekend for months.  It is the kick off to the most fabulous girl weekend ever.  So make Blake make you some tea and just kick back in that big house of yours and take.it.easy.  We need some gunpowder and lead in Atlanta!!!

Dear Heather :: I cannot wait to see your face next weekend!! I just mat not let you go back to Tuscaloosa.  And I know you need this weekend more than anything so I hope it is fun and exciting and nothing but amazing! :)

Dear Mulligan :: Sir. It is hot hot hot outside.  Please do not give yourself self imposed heat stroke again. Legit, we thought you were going to fall over and drown in your water bowl.

------


Needless to say. I am looking forward to this weekend. Kyle and I really have nothing on the books so I plan on sleeping and watching shows on Netflix.  I am trying this crazy spin studio in Buckhead called FlyWheel and then doing a Zoes Kitchen lunch on Sunday with my friend Afton {which BTW, I am loving our weekend workouts}.  But other than that, we really have nothing planned.  Which works because it is too hot to really do anything.

And will someone remind me to buy a new digital camera before this weekend?! Please and thank you!!

2 comments:

  1. They are such sweet letters. I have an office mum too, what would we do without our office mums! Hope that sod didnt upset you too much. Have a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole holiday in the middle of the week thing threw me off too. Good luck with your marathon next week....I would die, but I love that other people can run!!!

    ReplyDelete