Friday, July 27, 2012

Dear Friday–you’re here!

YAYYYYY!! IT’S FRIDAY. FRIDAY. GOTTA GET DOWN ON FRIDAY. EVERYBODY’S LOOKIN’ FORWARD TO THE WEEKEND.WEEKEND. {um. did I just mention/sing a Rebecca Black song?!}

This week started easy and ended on a hard note – I just got SLAMMED at work so I am welcoming this weekend with open arms.

Last night I went to a REALLY cool event at the Loews Hotel put on by their chef and Terrapin Beer. Think 5 course meal with wine pairings – but substitute wine for craft beers at every course. FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC GOOD! We had figs {weird} and lamb {so good} and steak {amazing} and peach dumplings {to die for} and almond pesto {yum} and mussels {great} – seriously, such good food.

dinneryum

But, it was good to just do something exciting and different and new with friends. And I hadn’t seen Rafael since my wedding and I know Evin enjoyed having a night away from her new little cute baby boy. It was 100% worth the super late night out and then being crazy tired this morning {and all day} – but you only live once. Right?

I am looking forward this weekend.  We don’t have too much on the schedule :: oil changes. bank. FlyWheel and lunch date with my friend. Grocery Store. 5 mile run. More Pretty Little Liars. Hopefully remember to clean out my closet – it is overcrowded and I need to take stock in what I have and don’t have – since my wardrobe is getting sparse and unoriginal.


And. It is Friday. So you know what that means.... LETTERS! :)

fridaysletters 

Dear Atlanta Drivers :: Rawr! You all are SO annoying. Like, how am I supposed to know you want to get over if you don’t use your turn signal. When you just drift over into me I assume you’re just a bad driver who cannot stay in your lands. And also – going 35 mph on 285 is wayyy dangerous. But I am sure you can go the speed limit if you hang up your phone. Oh. And green = go. Not stop and wait till you can merge over. Go. Go. Go. {end rant}

Dear Passport People :: Hi. I think you have had my marriage license for too long. When do you plan on returning it to me?! I need it, we only have one. And I need it to change my name on my Delta Sky Miles account!

Dear Olympics :: Yay you’re here! I am pretty sure you will be on my TV every night! I cannot wait for diving and gymnastics!

Dear Husband :: I love you but I do not want to see that Dark Knight movie. Just be kind and wait for it to come out on Netflix. And if you do drag me there you know I won’t be kind and I will drag you to see something horrendous.

Dear Meal Planning :: We rocked it out this week. And you made my life less stressed. I think we will keep you in our lives.

Dear Half Marathon Training :: You’re kicking my butt and I am not looking forward to my 5 mile run tomorrow – but I am TRYING my best to stick to the training schedule.

Dear Weekend :: Treat me well. Please and thank you!


2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about the gymnastics portion of the Olympics too! It's always my favorite part! I loved the opening ceremonies tonight! Amazing!
    We're trying to start meal planning as well. We're getting there, slowly but surely! Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i live in atlanta too and am half marathon training! i ran with the big peach group on saturday and it actually made the whole thing better. totally agree with you on ATL traffic - it's a nightmare!! your dinner out sounds UGH-mazing!! hope you had a great weekend chica!

    ReplyDelete