Friday, July 20, 2012

:: Dear Friday... ::

As I sit here and wait for Kyle to come downstairs and join me for our movie night {Dinner with Schmucks} I will bring back my Friday Letters. I think K may be distracted by his new fancy video game controller - but I will forgive him.

Dear Friends: the fact that so many of your marriages are ending after such short time periods makes me sad. i really do wish you all nothing but happiness, but i am still very sad for you.

Dear Blast900: You kicked my booty tonight - holy sweaty face, pants, shirt, body. I cannot wait to see you next Friday. I am LOVING these free classes. Holla!

Dear Stone Mountain: I am unsure how I am going to successfully run around you tomorrow morning. This may be a slow 5 miles.

Dear Birchbox: Ok. I have been a member for 3 months and every box has sucked. I am giving you 1 more month to redeem myself then no more $10 per month for you! Bah Hum Bug.

Dear Work: You're keeping me busy and on my toes and you presented me with a new challenge this week that I am super excited about. I cannot wait to see what I can and do accomplish. :)

Dear Husband: Everyone at work told me how lucky I am to have you and I know I am.  Thanks for delaying your video game playing time to make banana pudding for my company pot luck today.  It was a hit!

Dear Crazy People: Really?! Quit with the random acts of violence. My thoughts were with Tuscaloosa earlier this week and now they're with Colorado.  I know gun control is "liberal thinking" ... but I mean do we need to tighten the requirements on who can and cannot have a gun.  {Granted. Homeboy who went off the deep end in the movie theater appeared to be a smart, upstanding kid.}

Dear Sanibel Island: I am coming for you - it has been forever since I visited you last.  But, my plane ticket is booked and now I'm just getting back in bathing suit shape.

Dear People Reading This: I hope you have a REALLY good weekend!!

6 comments:

  1. such sad sad news in the world today. I think maybe something should be done on the mental health side of things? I have no idea. because like you said the shooter was very intelligent. What stood out to me was his mother's reaction, "you have the right person". As if it were no surprise at all that something was wrong with him, and that he would do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found you on the link up :) Congrats on being a newlywed. I am getting married in December. Your letters caught my eye because I LOVE Sanibel. So pretty and you can't beat the shells. Have a great trip! Just wanted to stop by & introduce myself ;) New follower!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! I LOVE finding people who love Sanibel - I spent SO many summers there. I was never shell person, I always liked the pool ... but I totally know what you mean.

      Delete
  3. I've been dying to visit Sanibel Island since a few years back when I was wedding planning and saw some gorgeous pictures. :) Enjoy your time there!
    And if you're bummed with BirchBox, check out MyGlam! I haven't personally tried it, but I've seen it around the blogosphere and it seems that people love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to sign up for Birchbox but have hesitated for exactly that reason. What if it isn't as awesome as advertised? I don't know that I could stand the disappointment. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always been tempted to do the Birchbox thing but it seems like everyone has been disappointed lately.

    I've had a few friends get divorced too, it makes me sooo sad :(

    ReplyDelete