Saturday, August 4, 2012

{thirty before thirty}

Earlier this month/late last month at work my friend was telling me about how one of her friends decided to make a list of all the things she wanted to do before she turned 30 {I feel like this is a stolen idea but I am okay with that}.  My friend then thought it was a good idea and decided to do it. And as I sat in traffic on the way home that night I too thought it was a good idea. And…I thought it would be a fun thing to do and then blog about since we all know my life is rather boring.
 
Well. It took me awhile to come up with 30 things I want to do before I turn 30. But ... here is my list.

{my list}

1. Find a charity I am passionate about and donate money each month. It doesn’t have to be a lot of money – just some money. {completed 10.4.12}
2. Rent a cabin for the weekend with Kyle and just get away
3. Accomplish my running goals:
   -Run a half marathon in under 2 hours.
   -Run a marathon under 5 hours.
   -Run a 10k in under 1 hour.
   -Run a 5k in under 30 minutes.
4. Go on a hot air balloon ride!
5. Learn how to fold a fitted sheet!
6. Pick out my most favorite wedding picture and get it printed on canvas. Hang it on the wall.
7. Go to an Alabama Football game in Bryant Denny!  I have not been since graduating college in ‘06! {completed 10.5.13}
8. Paint Pottery.

9.
Go horseback riding.
10.
Shoot a gun. At a shooting range or whatever they’re called. {completed 10.21.12}
11. Visit a vineyard!  {completed 6.23.13}
12. Go to a brewery.

13.
Take a random spontaneous vacation or weekend trip (with Kyle or with the girls).
14. Go to Savannah for St. Patrick's Day!
15. Go on a ghost tour.
16. Take a Zumba class. {completed 3.23.13}
17.
Buy a house.  {completed 12.18.12}
18. Climb a rock wall.
19. Go to a braves game {completed 9.1.13}
20. Do a city scavenger hunt.
21. Get my fortune read.
22. Run another half marathon for charity.
23. Take Kyle J to Sanibel Island. {completed 9.13}
24. Go on one fabulous vacation – honeymoon does not count.
25. Spend a weekend in Charleston!
26. See Alabama play in a bowl game – in person.
27. Weigh less than my drivers license says.
28. Learn how to change a tire.
29. Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity.
30. Spend an afternoon lounging at a swanky hotel pool.
 
And that my friends – is my “to do” list for the next year and a half or so. Wish me luck & if you’re in Atlanta and want to do any of these things with me ... comment away and we will party plan!

4 comments:

  1. come to Bama/UT game in Knoxville this year and we can hang out! :) One of my goals for 2012 was to do my first 5k so I'm doing that in october. Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Run a half marathon in under 2 hours"...i was literally just watching the olympic marathon and told my boyfriend that was one of my dreams!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Great set of goals :) I just did a 25 things I want to do while I'm 25 and I have some of the same things on there- sweetwater brewery, vist a vineyard. Can't wait to hear how it's going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've tried writing one of these MULTIPLE times, and every single time I try then I get bored and can't think of any more interesting stuff to do in the next three years, one day I'll get through it! :)

    ReplyDelete