Thursday, December 8, 2011

thursday thoughts.

This week really has been a chore thus far.  Monday did not go smoothly at all and Tuesday was a train wreck at work.  I guess all week cannot go well right?  But (as you know)... Kyle and I did put up the Christmas tree this past weekend and a Christmas tree just makes everything better.  I also joined the iPhone world (thanks to my company paying for $150 of it) and never have I had a phone that outsmarts me before! =D

1. do you know what sucks? knowing you want a new car and need a new car but realizing that you really cannot afford a car payment right now. ...correction: a car payment on a suv and you really want is a suv. (and really what i want want is a Volvo CX90) ... so i will be holding onto big old black 1 more year and I guess i will just be buying myself 2 new tires and replacing that cracked belt.  and holding onto this car for another year.  le sigh, being an adult sucks.  

2.  I am pretty sure if there was a casting director for Bridezillas near me on Monday I would have been instantly offered a spot on the show.  The poor manager at Demetrios got the end of my frustrations about my vendors and their inability to keep a scheduled appointment.  Long story short: Demetrios called to "reschedule" my dress fitting Friday and instead of calling to see if it would be ok to change and then keeping the appointment (a la Hazlehurst House) they just cancelled all together.  And hi. hello.  I am traveling for work next week, then home for the holidays, and then it is 2012.  So yeah. My new 1st dress fitting: January 6th.  I should have taken the house or the car that my dad offered because this wedding planning thing sucks. But seriously, when I was in sales I NEVER cancelled appointments.  I found a way to be there or sent someone in my place.  It is rule #1 of customer service -- value your client's time.

3.  I started putting our candy bar together this past weekend.  Not putting candy in the jars (since the wedding is 107 days off) but attaching the tags to the jars and of my goodness do they look cute.  I absolutely LOVE them.  If you're having a candy bar at your wedding (or any event) and need tag/labels I totally recommend Sweet Talk Designs on Etsy.  I legit, could not be happier with the final outcome.  I love them so much I am going to use the same lady to make the to-go candy bags.

4.  I also started wrapping up some bridesmaid's gifts this past weekend. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE what I have gotten my ladies.  I cannot wait till the bridesmaid brunch to give them their gifts!  In fact, I love them so much I added part of them to my Christmas list & bought another part for myself. 

5.  I feel like in general I am a pretty neurotic person.  Kyle always tells me that I immediately hit the "panic button" ...  well I am still wondering about the weather in March. I feel like the floral design we did for our ceremony site would look AWFUL inside if it rained or was too cold to get married outside .... so I am beginning to wonder if I should move the ceremony site from the fireplace to the big brick wall and do something like this (minus all those weird green bushes on the left): 
So, have the two arrangements at the top of the aisle then the clothy looking thing at the end.  That would transfer inside beautifully.  Seriously, I an neurotic.  But half of me REALLY wants to price this out because with the way all the wedding planning is going (cancelled appointments, trying to reschedule appointments) it is bound to hurricane on my wedding day.

6.  Oh and in good news - Kennesaw went to daycare last Friday and did WONDERFULLY! =D  So she is cleared the spend the night.  She is going tomorrow (with out her big brother) to see how she does on her own.  But they told me last week that she just played and played.  They are still on wait lists at both day care and the vet for holiday boarding so it looks like they will have to make one last trip to VA with us ... however, they're going to stay with Kyle's Mom and not me.  They may be at my house for less than 24 hours (dropped off afternoon of Christmas, gone the day after Christmas).  That is all kinda an added holiday stress that we're about to have to deal with.  We know for next Thanksgiving & Christmas -- make the reservations early!

I cannot believe that we're 107 days away from the wedding.  Soon we will be in the double digits only.  I

No comments:

Post a Comment