Thursday, December 29, 2011

:: thursday thoughts ::

oh Thursday. you have been expensive.

1.  today i spent $1042.96 on my car.  i died a little inside.  not only did i need 2 new front tires and a new drive belt, but i also needed an alignment and something about my coolant, transition fluids, and differential fluids.  i am officially poor for January and A LOT of my Christmas money has gone to fixing big black.  And they also told me I need a fuel injection service and something about a tune up.  There is a VERY big chance they're taking advantage of me because I am a lady.

This month I also need to:
  • Finish paying off the Honeymoon
  • Buy Kyle's Wedding Band
  • Pay for the Marriage license(s)
  • Pay for the dry cleaning I dropped off this morning.  this is meant to be funny.
Long story short - I am gonna be POOR after this month is over with.  I need a part time job!

2.  Brighter, happy notes and news.  The candy buffet at our wedding is going to look fabulous and I am so excited about it.  Granted, putting the labels and ribbons on is going to make me go cross eyed, it is all 100% worth it.  I am not so sure there will be any taffy left by March so we may have to buy more (it is oh so good) but all in all, it is looking good!  =D 

3.  Can you believe that this is the LAST WEEK of the year?  Where has 2011 gone? I can't believe that we're so close to to 2012 and then I am so close to getting married.  Officially - we are 86 days away.  And the fact that people are asking about our registries and where to stay legit means it is getting closer and closer. 

4.  We booked our engagement photo session.  Friday January 13th in the city.  It is going to be cold so I need to figure out what to wear.  That day is actually going to be really really busy because we're doing wedding rings and marriage licenses and engagement photos all in one day.  Phew there is a lot to do when you get married.

5.  Kyle and I had a REALLY good trip home.  It was good to see family and just spend time away from the hustle and bustle that is life in Atlanta.  The trip back home was painful - evidently there was a bowl game in Charlotte the night we passed through which would explain all the traffic.  But as good as it is to get away, it was good to get home and back to the groove that is our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment