Monday, December 19, 2011

2012 Goals

I am not going to even revisit my 2011 goals.  If you want to find them - read them whatever - I am gonna make you dig for them.  Sure 2011 is not over yet, but by the looks of my DailyMile training it has sucked when it came to working out and putting the miles down.  Highest monthly miles: 14.  Wowzas.


So in 2012 I am not gonna stress about it. I am getting married in March and that needs to be my main focus.  I do have a half marathon on the books for February which I need to really get some miles in, but all in all 2012 I am just gonna try to find the joy of running and get working out back into my life.  So if that means I only do 1 half, then so be it.

Goal #1 :: Feel REALLY pretty on my wedding day.  I of course want to look good, but I don't want to stress myself out over missed workouts for the next 3 months.

Goal #2 :: Find a work out routine that I love and stick to it.  Mix up the running and the cross training.

Goal #3 :: Run my half marathon in February.  In 2011 I "skipped" / DNS'ed all of my halfs.  I don't want to be a quitter anymore.

Goal #4 :: Run 20 mile months at the very least.  That is 5 miles per week.  That is do able. 

And that is it.  I didn't want to set too many or aim too high.  I want to be comfortable in 2012.

2 comments:

  1. Those sound like fabulous goals!! :) You are going to look gorgeous on your wedding day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete