Sunday, December 18, 2011

Wedding Update.

I just realized that I have not done a real true wedding update in FOREVER.  And since the main point of this blog (currently) is to keep friends and family updated on my wedding plans I guess I should update you all.

1.  A month or so ago my Mom and Dad came down to Georgia for my flower appointment.  I think it went well.  We hashed out a lot.  But then of course, a week or so later I started second guessing everything.  I LOVE my bouquet and all the bouquets and boutonnieres, but I ditched the idea of Shepperd hooks along the aisles.  I think the centerpieces for the tables are gorgeous.  I just get nervous because I TOLD the woman handling the flowers what I want, yet she did not put arrangements together for me to eyeball.  And being the control freak that I am I will either be super happy or not thrilled at all. In my life - there really is no in between.  And I am still wondering if I should move the ceremony site out of fear that it (a) rains or (b) is too cold.  ...I seriously need to take a chill pill.

2.  I was supposed to have my dress fitting a few weeks ago, but per the usual, the salon was unable to keep an appointment and it has been pushed to the 9th of January.  

3.  Speaking of the dress boutique.  They gave me the HEART ATTACK OF THE CENTURY when I found out they ordered the wrong dress then that they did not order the wrong dress.  If the dresses come in and they are not a douponi navy I may just fall over and die.  I hate bridesmaid dresses and the douponi is the only fabric that does not scream "bridesmaid dress".  Le sigh.

4.  Happier news:  I started putting the tags on our candy buffet and all I can say is LOVE.  Seriously, the woman I bought them from on Etsy is nothing but marvelously crafty.

5.  Wedding invites - they should be going out after the 1st of the year.  I think I will be addressing them by the tons over the holidays.  Weeeeeeee.

6.  My wedding showers are on the books.  The BIG one is January 29th and the my work one is sometime in February.  I guess it is time to start cleaning out the kitchen and closets to make room for new and improved stuff.  And it is time to start buying cutesy thank you notes.

7.  There are 97 more days till the wedding.  97.   

8.  Have I mentioned in the past that I chose a wedding cake and that I L-O-V-E it?!  Well.  I did and it is amazing.  And I would like to thank Pinterest for helping me discover it. 

9.  I am trying to get our engagement pictures on the books but with the holidays and my soon to be insane work / travel schedule this is proving to be hard.  And it appears that our photographer does engagement sessions on week days.  So I think Kyle and I will be taking a day off work in January to go ring shopping and smile for round 2 of engagement pictures.  He is oh so thrilled. 

10.  Last and most important:  I have some of the most amazing girls in my bridal party.

No comments:

Post a Comment