Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tuesday Thoughts.

Since Thursday is Thanksgiving - I doubt I will get a Three Things Thursday out since that will be a family day - so I decided to do Tuesday Thoughts ... and I will not be limited to just 3 things.  I am still in total shock that we are about to be in December.  Like where has 2011 gone?  Time flies the older you get.  =/

1.  We are leaving for Northern Virginia today after work.  We = Me. Kyle. And the 2 dogs.  I am getting a little anxious about the two dogs because I will have to have them the whole time.  I am trying to make Kyle take them on Friday night - Saturday, but so far I am losing that battle. Having the 2 dogs really makes it impossible to run (really having 1 dog does this too) and there are some routes I really like back home.  I just feel REALLY bad dumping the dog(s) on my parents when I know they're more of a pain than anything.

2.  During the week I feel like I am REALLY good at hydrating myself - on the weekends I feel like I am really bad at it.  I don't know why, but I am.  So, I really really want this.  I am probably going to fall into some big amazing marketing ploy & it won't really actually work.    But it is worth a shot?  ...Or I can make a bigger effort to just drink water on the weekends?

3.  I need a December race.  If you're in Atlanta start suggesting.  I don't want to do the one in the Highlands because I predict parking will be a total nightmare and I like my pre-race activities to be stress free.

4.  The Run to the Finish - Holiday Booty Buster Challenge started this past weekend.  And I meant to run this weekend, I really did.  But then I got consumed with Football and Christmas Shopping and Christmas Movies (thanks Hallmark Channel) and dogs and super tiredness and laundry and packing to go home to VA and bathing the dogs.  HOWEVER - I got some miles in at lunch on Monday.  I was not going to let this week go by with 0 miles and 0 working out.  Those miles were not pretty, but they are done!

5.  All I want for Christmas is a new Road ID.  Seriously, especially if I am going to be running outside in the Perimeter Mall area on lunch breaks.  These stay at home moms in big SUVs are scary.  I feel like I am destined to be hit by a car (even in a crosswalk).  Therefore, I would like to have some sort of ID on me.  And I lost my old one ... and I want my new one to have my blood type on it.  And I want the one that attaches to my shoe (that way I cannot lose it).

6.  I need both Pure Barre and Blast 900 to have crazy holiday sales. I want to bring both back into my life after the 1st of the year -- especially Pure Barre, but the classes are so expensive I have a hard time justifying them.  Especially Pure Barre because I feel like you have to go a lot to see results, but I feel like Pure Barre will help the most to make me wedding dress pretty.  I wish things like that were not crazy expensive, I have bills and life to pay for.


....oh how exhausted am I. 

3 comments:

  1. if you want to do the highlands race, you can park at my house in my spot (i’ll be at the GTS for disney) and its only 1/2 mile from the start. just a thought :) other than that, i believe there is a race at perimeter. i hear ya on pure barre. home ownership put that to a hault.
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poor hydration thing on the weekend happens to me too, and the best I can come up with is that I am in a different routine on the weekends that does not include having a water bottle right in front of me at my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gym I belong to in Des Moines doesn't have Pure Barre or Blast 900, but they both sound amazing and expensive from what I've seen on twitter and other blogs. I've done a few other classes I've had to pay for, but I'm falling more in love with running every time I finish a run.

    ReplyDelete