Thursday, November 3, 2011

three things thursday

1. have you read about how they're thinking about making the new york marathon a 2 day race.  If not... you can get all the details HERE.  I have not run the NYCM but it is on my bucket list and when the lottery opened up for this year I toyed with the idea of trying to enter it {and man am I glad I did not}.  ....but I (may be alone in this thinking) but there is something about this marathon and the excitement and suspense of knowing if you did or did not get in. And I understand that the demand to run this race has and is growing, but I don't think that should change the process of getting in.   But I am not a fan of how they're getting rid of the guaranteed entry... guess I will have to get lucky. ;)

2.  I am still really shocked at how EASY the 5k I ran this weekend was.  Running 2 miles in my 'hood is hard - I blame the hills, but obviously the hills have helped a lot.  Now I am looking for a 5k for November and a 10k for December.  I actually have the Run Georgia web site pulled up and am trying to decide what to run. I am *hoping* to be amping up the miles soon.  I registered for The Mercedes Half Marathon for next February in Birmingham and I WILL RUN THIS RACE.  No more DNS.  

3.  I am so excited for everyone running Savannah this weekend but I am also so bummed that I am not running it.  There is always next year...  I kinda regret cancelling my hotel room and kept thinking I should just go to spectate... but that is a lot of money to just spectate.  But I hope everyone has a lot of fun and has a great race this weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment