Monday, November 28, 2011

Holiday Booty Buster - Week 1

...was a total failure.  But, I am going to blame the fact that I went home to VA and had to be a single mother to 2 dogs. 

I got in 2.36 running miles = 2 points
And then you get 1 point for 15 minutes of low impact cardio (I read that as dog walks and oh did I walk some dogs) ... so I added in 5, 15 minute dog walks = 5 points.

7 points total.  Which is not the lowest, but it is also not impressive.

And currently - it is raining outside.  But that doesn't matter... my workout clothes are by the door. 

And I also now have an impromptu trip to Birmingham for work on Wednesday so I will try and get something in there. Oi.

How I get points:
1 Point per mile (run/walk)
1 Point per 3 miles biked
1 Point per 20 minutes of weight lifting, Pilates, yoga, stretching or abs 
1 Point per 15 minutes of low impact cardio (i.e. low impact aerobics, easy biking, skiing, skating, water aerobics, snow shoeing)
1 Point per 10 minutes of high impact cardio (i.e.spinning, kickboxing, lap swimming)
1 Per day where you reach a minimum of 7 servings of fruits and veggies (here are details on what is a serving)

2 comments:

  1. The Holiday Booty Buster sounds like a fun challenge! I might try this for my own workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this challenge! And I definitely think dog walking earns you some points!

    ReplyDelete