Thursday, November 3, 2011

Three Things Thursday

how is it already November?!

1. wedding invitations have been ordered (and are actually sitting on my front porch as I type this....)!  I have not seen the completed look and I will see the legit final product (other than the proof) when I get home today. I am pretty sure my mom thought I was out of control since we thought I was settled on some and then as my mom was about to order the invites I changed my mind on the color scheme.  I wasn't in love with the blue - it was too bright and even though my mom and my friend Afton said that no one will remember the invitation it just bugged me.  so we went more with the color scheme - but more of the muted colors.  Yes - I am that out of control bride who has a hard time making decisions.  ....which i kinda how/why the purple has been kinda kicked out of the wedding ceremony decor but kept alive in the reception decor.  HOT BRIDAL MESS I TELL YOU!!  ....but anyway, back to the wedding invite.  I am glad there are extras left over because (a) I want to keep one for the guest book but (b) I want to make a Christmas ornament out of it.  I saw the ornaments on Pinterest and LOVE the idea.  You just cut the invite up in small pieces, curl them and then place them in a clear globe.  So cute, right?! And Kyle and I are all about sentimental ornaments - all of ours on the tree have a meaning behind them. :o)
2. I have my flower appointment in exactly 7 days!!  Flowers are legit the last BIG wedding decision we have to make (that we have control over). I am still in love in love with this bridal bouquet so here is hoping that those flowers are (a) in season (b) able to be put together and (c) looks just as good on the wedding day.  My Mom of course is coming down and hopefully she knows a little more about flowers than me because I know nothing.  And I am unsure how his appointment is going to work because it is at the venue not the flower shop... are they going to bring flowers to me?  Erg, I need to see the final product to make a decision. With that said, I think I am just gonna trust the florist on the boutonnieres (hopefully I can see them).  But I think the longest conversations/decisions will be over ceremony decor and reception decor. ...After this meeting it means the wedding is getting seriously close!  I hope everyone has their dancing shoes and party pants ready!
3.  So... Saturday is a HUGE game.  In case you have not been watching or listening or caring.  Alabama is #2 in the BCS rankings and LSU is #1 - so we pretty much have the national championship game this weekend.  Kyle and I are excited and nervous for this game.  It would be a big win for The Tide so I am hoping for another W.  And then a W at the SEC championship and then at The National Championship!! But most importantly, I am irked that some dumb LSU fan made shirts that have a picture of the US with Alabama missing with the tag line "Imagine a World Without Alabama" -- like, isn't it too soon?  We just honored the 6 month mark post tornado last week.  Many parts of Alabama were destroyed and are still struggling to recover and get over the heartbreaking storm.  Even though it is known that LSU does not have the classiest for best fans, it really is kind of too soon to be rocking shirts like that. Especially in a town that was devastated and destroyed.  GRANTED:  My friend from college said it best "So tacky... in a way it's them admitting that we're better though! "If Alabama wasn't there, then we could win this year!"   ROLL TIDE!  ok. so here is to an awesome win and hopefully another Tide win!

No comments:

Post a Comment