Monday, November 28, 2011

Oh the wedding registry fun.

So.  Kyle and I want one thing - for the gift giving experience to be easy.  I feel like it is not too much to ask for a big company to have their website working and in order.  But Target, they just cannot seem to get their website working and working all the time.

Example: You try to pull up Kyle & my registry.  It thinks.  And then pulls up the pretty heart background. And then it is just death.  NOTHING HAPPENS. You cannot see the registry, you don't know what is on it forcing you to go to the store rather than shop online.  Sure... if you're planning on bringing the gift to a shower or the wedding going in store is not a big deal.  But if you want it shipped to me, good freaking luck ... you may want to try one of our other registries.

And well since I have not been able to access my registry nor has a handful of my wedding guests (who ended up going elsewhere after letting me know that it does not work) we have made the decision to delete our Target registry.  The stuff from Target can be bought elsewhere so it really is not worth all the frustration.  So Target, if one of your social media or PR people happen to stumble across this, your new and improved website is pretty much a failure that 99% of people are annoyed with.  And sadly, because of its shortcomings you have lost a registry.  Sure, in the grand scheme of things I am just one person ... but it only takes one person to start a snowball effect. 

So. If you're wondering - we moved all our Target items to Bed Bath and Beyond and some of the kitchen items also to Crate & Barrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment