Thursday, November 17, 2011

Three Things Thursday.

Can you believe that next Thursday is Thanksgiving?!  I am wondering where 2011 is going and I am SLACKING on the Christmas shopping this year.  So, I need to get in gear!

And I am REALLY excited about today because on of my girls is pregnant and she is having her gender reveal party tonight and I cannot wait to hear if it is a boy or a girl so I can start buying baby stuff.  I hope it is a girl, I want to buy lots and lots of tutus! =D  Yay for friends and babies!!

1.  For real.  Kyle loves me.  I asked him the other day if he would go see The Grinch with me at the Fox Theater and his answer "sure" ... and I said, "really?" and his answer was "anything to make you happy" -- now  I know he really does not want to go to The Grinch, but since he know that I love Christmas and all things Christmas he agreed to go with me.  So we have a super fun date night on the books for December 3rd.   Sadly, we were trying to double date it with one of my most favorite people Chrissy and her husband, Matt - but they will be in the Blue Ridge Mountains .... so it is just Kyle and me and The Grinch.  :o)  now I need Kyle to agree to go see Annie with me in January ... that my friends will be true love.
2.  I am thankful to have a job and to have a job that I really really like and enjoy going to every single day.  But I would be lying if I did not say I was overwhelmed at work.  Like legit overwhelmed - not enough time in the day - overly exhausted.  We are 1 week out (correction, 2 business days) from rolling out the pilot of our new database for our branches  and just getting everything ready for it is A LOT.  Electronic documents. Training guides.  ...and then on top of my everyday tasks and other projects I am currently working on to help improve processes.  It is just a lot.  I am so thankful for Thanksgiving to be around the corner. 
3.  So I just joined Delta SkyMiles since I am about to be going to St. Louis & Daytona and Melbourne FL for work and I want points!! ...And now I am getting "Delta Deals" emails and it is making me want to travel travel travel.  Like, I can get a flight to Memphis and back for $59.00 -- and one of my bestest and more favorite people ever lives in Memphis!  So, I could go see Heather and I know she would love that since she has had a HARD past few months.  And... there is a flight to Ft. Myers for $89 and I could do that and go to the beach in October with my family.  This could be bad. Very bad. Vacaction anyone?

Ok.  Well with that - I am out of here.  If I don't post between now and Thanksgiving -- have a very good holiday with family & friends -- be safe, eat lots, tell people you love them and really, have a great holiday!

Oh and in case you're wondering -- 128 days!! I mean jeeze where is the time going!  But luckily the wedding is planned for the most part -- invites, flowers, food, cake, rehearsal dinner - done and done.  Just gotta do dress fitting and finish buying little details.  I will be a Shanahan before you know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment