Monday, April 25, 2011

weekly wrapup.

just another week trying to get back to being active and in wedding dress shape.  but on monday i was told that i was looking skinny. skinny = good.

monday:  1 mile. pace: 11:47. I am starting what I like to call "mile monday" where i kick start my week with a little run around the oh so hilly neighborhood.  I am making myself run every hill and each week I am going to make myself run longer (ex: past the mailbox i stopped at).  and when 1 mile is too easy we will lose the alliteration and make it a longer distance.
tuesday: pure barre with afton and lyd! and this time, it was a freaking work out out.  i don't know if it was monday's run or what - but my legs could not do the thigh work to save my life.
wednesday: just a little casual walk with kyle j and the dog around the neighborhood. the sun had not sunk yet and the weather was gorgeous. just had to walk with my two loves!
thursday: nothing.
friday: nothing. planned pure barre at 4:15 but afton's boss didn't let her off early like mine did.
saturday: goodness me. mitzi's $10 boot camp. that child is lucky i love her and will suffer for her in the name of a good cause. the warm-up was more like a work out, running hills, squats, push ups.  Then the actual work out was ALL sprints. Sprints then 10 push ups, sprint then 9 push ups sprint then 8 ... and you get the point. But we did sprints with push up and butt lift things and sit ups and then burpees (but i slacked and did jumping jacks)  ... my garmin was dead so i couldn't track the miles. but seriously, it is a GOOD work out so if you're in Atlanta, we have 1 more next weekend at Piedmont Park and you should come.   plus mully got a 30 minute hilly hot walk.
sunday: planned pure barre but it was closed for easter. then i planned to run, but my legs could not move because of bootcamp. but i walked mully for 30 minutes.

total miles run: 1 mile + whatever I ran at bootcamp, which was at least a mile, maybe even more! ...and it is an improvement from last week. but then again, anything is!

random thoughts:
  • i know i am not supposed to like chris brown since he beats women, but T-Pain's song "Best Love Song" with him on it is amazing to run to.
  • I think I may adore running skirts - but I hate the lululemon one, I like my brooks one.
  • My matron of honor is burning Kyle and me P90X ... but what are we getting ourselves into?!
  • bootcamp is REALLY painful.  How do people do this 3 days a week and not want to kill themselves?
  • i just may run a 5k this upcoming saturday... just to see how out of shape i am.

4 comments:

  1. Let me know how P90x goes, Hubby and I are dying to do it! What 5k are you planning? I'm in ATL too (well a little north in kennesaw) I believe there is a 5k in my neck of the woods in a couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard P90X is brutal. Good luck if you decide to run the 5k!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boot camp sucks less and less the more you do it! I love it and I am a certified couch potato.

    ReplyDelete