Wednesday, March 31, 2010

march 2010 – over. bring on april.

March has been quite the month. I was pretty busy with work and life but I still managed to accomplish amazing things in the running world. I ran my second half marathon to date, had a great time, and even beat my last half marathon time by a landslide. I ran a 10k when I could barely breath and had not such a great time, and I had a month full of miles ran. Can you believe I ran 50+ miles?!?! (53.28 to be exact) I can’t! I cannot believe we have almost crossed over into April and it makes me wonder where trace1he year is going.

I had the crazy idea to sign up for The Chicago Marathon but before I was able to they reached their 45K runners mark and I missed out. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason so I am ok with not getting in. There is always 2011 or 2012 right? Plus by then I hope to be a running fool and will be able to smoke my 2 Chicago friends.

I am sticking with my normal format of highlights and goals for the next month but have decided to steal some from CAUTION: Redhead Running and her March Recap format.

Highlights of the month:

  1. ING Georgia Half Marathon – I set a PR and ran a fairly great race. Like normal, I was no where near ready but who cares. One of these days I will take a half marathon or marathon seriously and put in effort to the training.
  2. I had the highest mileage month to date. I ran 50+ miles in one month which is HUGE for me. Now I just have to do that every month!
  3. Erin & I ran our second 10k of 2010 together. She smoked me again but whatever, I can admit defeat.
  4. I registered for my first (and probably last) Peachtree Roadrace. It was a test of patience and persistence and took me over a hour, but I got in. **That is ALL that matters**
  5. I actually took the time to figure out my Garmin 405 and I am super impressed. I can upload all the info online and check out the route I ran, my splits (how fast each mile was), calories burned, elevation junk. I never know how little I was utilizing that big thing!

March Running Song:Girls on the Dancefloor” –Far East Movement

March Triumph: The ING Half Marathon on 3.21.10 – I rock it.

Current Goal: To stick to the high mile months and keep up with the weekly spin classes.

Goals for April:

  1. To run another 50+ mile month. Right.Left.Repeat.
  2. To keep up with my weekly spin classes and Sunday cardio circuit at the gym.
  3. Register for the Marine Corps Marathon – yes all 26.2 miles of it. :o)
  4. Find a local 5k or 10k and run like the wind!
  5. Start the 200 Sit Ups Program and actually stick to it. I need (and want) a stronger core.

March has also started a friendly running competition between Erin and me. She ran the Napa to Sonoma Half Marathon last summer and beat me when I ran Nike. I just ran ING and beat her time from Napa. She is training for 13.1 Boston in June and her goal is to now beat my half marathon time. Friendly competition has never hurt anyone, but I think her and I should take it to the streets of 5ks and then 10ks and then half marathons *together* and eventually maybe she will work her way up to a full. I will keep you posted on Erin vs. Barbie 2010 and we shall see who comes out victorious in the end.

April is a new month. If anyone has any races they’re interested in running and need a friend let me know, I am game! Same goes with gym time, spin class, or just a running buddy!

2 comments:

  1. I ran my "first and last" PRR last year. It's congested and something I think is good to do at least once, but it's more for people who don't actually run regularly IMO. I would definitely advise treating it as an event and not a race because it's so crowded. Wear a weird costume, drink some beer in the middle...whatever.

    I ran MCM last year as well. It's fun (and crowded too!), you should use it as an excuse to do some "flat training" because it's like a pancake compared to Georgia runs. Congrats on your good running month!

    -beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. May have to take you up on races or running buds. I've been a little lost since Dallas - no close-in goals to focus on since my next long race isn't until October. Next short race is in Gainesville in April though... (5K to benefit Hall County Humane Society)

    ReplyDelete