Friday, April 2, 2010

Free Bodyglide. What?!

**This post has very little to do with running. For once, I am letting you into the non-running life of me. Doesn't happen often, so enjoy it**
I am never lucky. I never win anything. I never get free things mailed to me (especially free things that I love and use a lot and spend too much money on). Well the times are changing my friends!

I work in sales. One of the crucial parts of my jobs is walking from building to building, riding the elevators from top to bottom of buildings, schmoozing with clients and prospects, dropping off promos, but mainly it is the walking your territory to learn it. Today I decided to drop off Easter gifts to people and re-canvas some buildings in Midtown Atlanta. The weather here is gorgeous so I decided to throw on a skirt and well, I think skirts and dresses only look good with heels so I put on a pair of heels too. 5 buildings later, I wanted to die or cry or maybe both. As I was heading back to the office to pick up my co-worker for a client lunch my feet were screaming and I was tweeting "I need Bodyglide for my heels, cute shoes but I can feel the blisters forming".

As I am walking out of the office, I had an email from the President of Bodyglide asking for my address and he would send me some because "We are thinking of you, because you were thinking of us!"

Now for real. Most runners know what Bodyglide is but strangely many do not. So - let me take the moment to enlighten the unenlightened. Basically, it is an antiblister sport stick. It helps prevent chafing, blisters, and well anything that really irritates your skin (shirts, bras, shorts, etc...). I use the Bodyglide Anti Chafe when I run and normally put it on the tips and sides of my toes and my inner thighs (especially during the summer) and I swear I cannot run without it on super hot summer days. They even make it in small sticks that are perfect for long runs and half and full marathons when you need to reapply in areas. They actually have Bodyglide for Her, which I really want to try because well, I am a her. But, what I REALLY want to try and will end up trying is Bodyglide Foot Formula - because according to their website it can protect against heels and that was what started the whole Bodyglide chatter today!

I ended up cold calling 8 buildings today and having 1 client lunch - basically walking all over Midtown. I took my heels off every chance I got (elevators, parking garages, driving from building to building, in my office while documenting) but I still am the proud owner of 4 new blisters. ....I have decided that I am going to use my FREE stick on my feet when I wear heels and I hopefully I will be able to report back that Bodyglide not only works when you're hitting the pavement for a good run but also when strutting around town in your cute heels!

**BTW - I work in staffing, so if you ever need any help recruiting, filling an open position (or positions), or need some contract workers... I am your girl!**

Have a great weekend and Easter everyone! Good luck to everyone racing or running for fun!

5 comments:

  1. Saw the original tweet, but that response just rocks. I may have to go buy a new stick (even though I'm not out, or even close to being out) just to say 'good job' in my own tiny little way! Let us know how the foot formula works, even though I honestly have zero intention of ever walking around in heels! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome. Bodyglide is some amazing stuff and I never go on a run without it. I've never needed it for non-running activities, but I could imagine heels being an issue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used vaseline for the longest time because I was told it would work as well and...well, as you know, I'm broke. Three weeks ago, I broke down at Big Peach and grabbed some after a training session with Team Challenge. I can honestly say, the stuff works. And for someone with thunder thighs like mine...well, I maybe sneak it where I need it even when I'm not running!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so useful-- we've always used it in swimming because we get "suit hickies" which hurt when you're banging out over 8000 yards a day! For running it's great too- especially when I'm feeling particularly fat in a particularly small pair of shorts :O

    Congrats on the freebie girl!!

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  5. I <3 Body Glide too! I need it for my fat thighs;) Thank you for the Easter candy. I was so bummed that I missed you! Let's get together for lunch asap.

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete