Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Doggie Woes.

Sometimes being a pet owner makes me seriously doubt my ability to be a mother to real life children or if I even want to be a mom. Sure kids are great and and cute, but how wonderful are they when they're screaming at 3 am or sick. Probably not all that wonderful. Over the past few months I have begun to think that I am in fact too selfish to have kids and maybe even too selfish to be a pet owner.

Do not get me wrong. I love my little monster. I could not imagine not having him or losing him or anything of the sort. The thought actually makes me teary, but he has super sonic hearing and we have rude neighbors so most nights he loses it and barks at like 2 or 3 am... and just barks because he can hear them storming up the stairs loud as can be. Currently, he is sick. And the poor thing is sick A LOT. So last night around 2 or so Kyle got to take him outside for 20 minutes to let him get fresh air, eat some grass, and make gagging sounds. I got the honor around 4:30 or so. On top of it we woke up two or three times to him under our covers making the same gagging sounds and we woke up to a little pile of puke in our kitchen corner.

Lucky for me my boyfriend doesn't just shove me and say, "Barbie, the dog" he gets up and he helps. But is a good nights sleep so hard to ask for?! I know my little man cannot help it, he does not plan to get sick to reek havoc on our sleeping, but sometimes I miss the moments when I could go to bed at 11:00 pm and wake up at 6:45. But like I said, I wouldn't trade him for the world... we just have a sickly pup who slinks around for now. Sad. I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment