Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I dropped the ball.

So. I have recently had this strong urge to run the Chicago Marathon because to me it seemed like this you have to run it at some point type of race and my two friends Clint & Kyle from Chicago were going to run it. SO, I said why the heck not?! Too bad I delayed to register and waited to sign up until payday (the 31st). ...Well yesterday it filled up and closed in record breaking time and I did not get in. Bummer - but there is always next year.

So. I have decided to sign up for The Marine Corps Marathon which is in October too. Registration starts on April 7th and evidently it fills up the very same day so I cannot drop the ball on this one! Marine Corps makes you keep a 14 minute pace at all times. Doable, but I gotta crank up the training and be more consistent if I want to "beat the bridge". Let me know if you're doing Marine Corp ... we can have a pre-race meet up!

Happy running to all!

6 comments:

  1. ...not lucky this time! so sorry to hear about that.

    Cheers from Hong Kong!

    "XTB" Xavi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think you should come to Denver on October 17... but that's me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marine Core is on my bucket list since my Aunt lives in D.C. I heard lost of great things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should check out Run like a Diva! http://www.runlikeadiva.com/Women_s_National_Running_Series.htm

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm doing the marathon corps as my first full marathon run. I do want to do the Vegas Rock and Roll marathon in December too, just for an excuse to go for a fun weekend =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww I am sorry to hear that. I ran Chicago last year and thus far it was the best race I have ever been in. This year I plan on running the Marine Corps so maybe I will see you there!

    ReplyDelete