Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Racevine - the runner's need to know database.

We all know that when I stumble across something awesome I just have to share with my fellow runners and well, I stumbled again. Recently I was looking for course and elevation maps and race reviews and stumbled across this page called Racevine. Basically it is a huge database of a bunch of races (everything from 5ks to Ironmans) in which people like you and me can go in and put in honest reviews of how a race went. The main idea behind the site is for real runners to put their honest review of races they have participated in to help other runners prepare for that same race or decide if they want to add it to their race calendar. You can rate how clearly the race was marked, if there were enough water stops, port-a-potties, shuttles etc. If you have ANY questions before race morning (which many people do) ... this is like the mecca of race knowledge. It can also help you plan out your race schedule... Looking for a race in Michigan in May? ...Racevine will give you all sorts of options. Are you going to be in California for a month but want to run a 10k. Racevine will clue you in on events in the area. I am the runner who wants NO surprises on race day. I want to know that there are oranges at mile 19 and that if you're not there in 3 hours you're not gonna get one. And well Racevine will tell me just that.

Well, Racevine is doing a little competition to add reviews to their already extensive database. Between March 10th and April 7th, if you contribute a review on Racevine you are automatically eligible to win some goodies. They have teamed up with some AWESOME partners and here is what’s up for grabs:

To help you get into more races they’re giving away FREE entries into the TriFREAKS triathlon series, See Jane Half Marathon, ZOOMA Colorado Half Marathon, Richmond Multisports series and the Estes Park Marathon. And to help you prepare, train and complete those races, they’re giving away schwag and other cool stuff from Lululemon Athletica, City Running Tours, Enduro Shark, XOOD, Fluid, Soigneur, TRX, Brooke Benlifer – RD, and Ellasport.

Happy reviewing, learning and hopefully winning!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! It seems very similar to http://www.zoomzer.com/ but I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info, Barbie! How is the weather down there??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I'll have to post a review of Rock & Roll Dallas after Sunday! Hope you have a great weekend. Little over a week til ING Atlanta. Are you ready? Entered?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am doing ING - not quite ready, but what is new. Let me know how RnR Dallas is. It is on my race bucket list. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete