Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Donating to Charity!

Remember that 30 before 30 post and how I mentioned that I wanted to find a charity that I believed in and mirrored something that I loved and then donate to them each month? Well. I made a decision this week.

I broke up with Birchbox after 5 disappointing months of horrible boxes and beauty products that  didn’t meet my needs/wants/likes and decided to take that $10 per month and donate it to Lucky Dog Rescue. But, for me $10 didn’t feel like enough – that would be $120 a year – so I decided to donate $25 per month. Still. Not a lot. But it is something.

I knew I wanted to donate money to an animal rescue and I thought of different ones here in Atlanta but I kept coming back to Lucky Dog. Maybe I was partially swayed because Ashley is an Alabama alumni {ROLL TIDE}. But ultimately, there was something about the honesty in Ashley’s blog posts about her dogs. And how she tends to take the dogs that are in the worse shape and have the most horrific stories. And how she sacrifices so much for those dogs everyday. And how she gives dogs that would die in shelters because of their breeds second chances at life. And how she has suffered so much heartbreak while caring for dogs that deserve good, loving homes. There is just something that is so amazing about Ashley that shines through her writing.

I think Ashley says it best on her blog when she says:

Lucky Dog Rescue focuses on the forgotten souls--dogs from death row, the abused, the sick, the special needs, and those with no other hope. .... Most of my rescues come from the worst situations imaginable, and they often have many medical issues that require expensive treatments. Any donation will help give them the futures they deserve.

I know $25 is not a lot of money. It is only $300 per year. But I know to her, $300 equals food and heartworm and flea preventative and rabies shots and vet care. But, at the end of the day, I have fallen in love with so many of her little babies and their stories that I just had to help her out.

If you want to donate to Lucky Dog and Ashley’s AMAZING work with dogs you can do so HERE!!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea and a worthy cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an amazing charity to donate to! Such a wonderful idea! Any amount donated is better than nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good for you for donating!! we have a rescue said and where sooo impressed with the love and dedication of the volunteers there...a worthy cause.
    we to research the charities we donate to..it pays back to give!!
    I am your newest follower from the hop..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete