Sunday, August 12, 2012

:: weekend wrap up ::

This weekend was JAM PACKED. Correction – this whole week was a little overwhelming.

Saturday morning started at 3:00 AM when we had a really bad storm come through and our big, ferocious dog started barking out of fear. {He may be 90 pounds and look scary but he isn’t} It was annoying. But then I legit had to be up at 6:00 AM for a 10k. I had a free entry to the Button Down Dash and ran the 10k. It was miserable. Hilly. Humid. I prayed the dark skies would release rain, but not so much.  But truthfully, for it being the 1st year it was pretty well run. Some water issues on the 10k {aka not water at all the advertised water stops}. I survived. I was slow. And my legs and hips KILL. But 6.2 miles done and done before 9:00 AM.

I then had a few errands to run and then headed back home to get Kyle J out of bed. We were making a trip to the bank to talk about mortgages and buying a house and everything we needed to know about closing costs and pre-approvals. Since Kyle and I are throwing around the idea of buying a house here in Georgia we wanted to talk the financials through before making any big life decisions. We wanted to know how much we would need to save for closing costs and monthly mortgages. {Him and I are a little over the top when it comes to making decisions – we want to be very educated}. We learned that we don’t need to start looking till like 60 days out {since that is when your pre-approved rate “expires”} and we learned that Navy Federal has this really cool “buy a house using us cash back option” ... we still have a lot of talking to do.

Sunday I was up early to hit FlyWheel with my buddy Afton.  We have seriously become addicted to this place and our lunch dates afterwards. It is really nice to have a workout buddy on the weekends and FlyWheel is a killer spin class. I know it is kind of pricey, but it really is a great workout. Surprisingly, after running 6.2 miles, my legs were okay and not too dead. I biked 22 miles and ended up improving A LOT of my stats {which is awesome}.

I came home and had my first Pinterest failure. I took one of those dish scrubby brushes and filled it with vinegar and dawn soap – sounds brilliant, but how do you get all the suds off the wall and how do you not get a bubbly waterlogged mixture of cleaning supplies.  Ever since conquering meal planning {4 weeks going strong and we’re LOVING it} I decided I want to put our house on a cleaning rotation. Which is a shocker if you know me {I hate cleaning}. But, all the recommendations are definitely directed at stay at home moms and I am not that person. So, I will take any and all suggestions. And I don’t want to spend my whole weekend cleaning.

Of course, I have a fabulous Pinterest meal on the menu for tonight. Cheesy, Bacon, Baked potatoes and Flank Steak with this soy sauce, hot pepper, garlic marinade thing.  Long Story Short – You can just name me wife of the year”!

And now... I am just going to sit on the couch relaxing my legs while Kyle cuts the grass.

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I are over the top with decisions too. Well mostly him. Have you ever heard of the flylady? She has a book called Sink Reflections. This was a life changer for me when it comes to cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yuummmm dinner sounds DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete