Friday, September 24, 2010

women's half marathon elevation map

so here is the elevation map for my half marathon in Nashville on Saturday. doesn't look too bad. slow gradual hill from 1.5 miles - 4 ... then flat for the most part and then downhill for the finish... i am most excited about touring Nashville by foot. i have never been there, but heard it is a cool city. ...depending on how this goes it will make me decide if I want to do The Country Music Half in April...

race starts at 7:00 AM. I am in coral 2. I figure I will be done by 9:30 AM - 9:40 at the latest. Gotta be back on the road to Atlanta by 10:30... Need to be back in Atlanta by 3:30 PM for the Alabama/Arkansas game. I was kinda excited to see a 12pm checkout time for my hotel, it was shattered when i saw the 2:30 pm (CT) kickoff for the game. Oh Alabama Football how you rule my life in the fall. depending on my true finish time and the ice situation at the hotel, i may get in a 15 minute ice bath... but that's me being optimistic.

I know I want to run it in about 2:21 - so I can beat Erin's most recent time. (love you girl!) a


Saturday is going to be busy, busy, busy with the race and trying to get back to Atlanta...

6 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK LADY!!!! Keep me updated about the Country Music Half in April, that sounds very appealing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!

    12:00 is a sweet time for a checkout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there yesterday in corral 2 as well! I think the elevation map is so MISLEADING! It was way, way hiller than that, don't you think? The bridge in mile 12? That was just mean! :-)

    ReplyDelete