Sunday, September 5, 2010

POM Wonderful review.

A few weeks back I got an email from Ryan at POM Wonderful telling me that he came across my blog & was enjoying looking at it/reading it and he wanted to know if I would be interested in a case of POM Wonderful Pomegranate juice. Even before Ryan approaching me I had a deep love of POM and their products but I really did not know too much about them or their beverages other than they were (a) super tasty and (b) good for you. But of course, him offering up a free case of POM Pomegranate juice was something I could not turn down. After thinking about it, I realized that even though I love pomegranate everything I have never bought or drank a bottle of straight pomegranate juice and I has always stuck to their teas... so this was a good opportunity to try something new and fresh.

A little about POM: POM Wonderful is the only company that grows, harvests, processes, and ships their own pomegranates. They grow their own pomegranates in California’s San Joaquin Valley, pick it by hand, squeeze it and manufacture their own bottles! All of this is for quality control. Numerous independent laboratory tests have shown that POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice has superior antioxidant content, ounce for ounce, compared to other juices and beverages.

And my review: To be honest, when I took my first swig (and first bottle) I thought that it super tart and I was not too sure about it. But since I had a free case and Kyle was not interested in it, I decided to give it another whirl and after drinking it and drinking it I really do like it. At first sip, it has a tart taste followed by a bitter taste, but I learned you cannot chug it. It is a product and a juice that you can (and need to) savor and enjoy in small bits. it kind of has a cranberry/grape taste to it - it's unique and i like it. Ryan who initially approached me mentioned that he likes making the smoothies post workout, but i never did try that so I can't tell you if I agree with him or not. but i do know that pomegranate has great health benefits and i would continue to drink it. it's just a bit pricey, that's the main downfall.

other uses: smoothies. pomegranate martinis. cupcakes. there are a bunch of recipes on their website here ...and if once i invite sweets back into my life i want to try and make the cupcakes.
Where to purchase: i know you can get it at the some grocery stores in the refrigerated section and some gas stations, but here is the store locator so you can find a store close to you.



but POM i do miss your glass containers for the teas. I have about 5 in my cabinet and I would love more.

2 comments: