Wednesday, September 1, 2010

30Day Personal Revolution

One of my favorite Twitter people is @jesswuv (blog: jess runs) and a little while back she elected to do something called "tr30days" in which she introduce me to this website. It is all about a 30 day personal resolution. And well, 30Day Personal Revolution is exactly what it sounds like -- you spend 30 days doing things to improve your life. You make a bucket list and swear by it for the next 30 days. I thought the idea was wickedly cool and since I like to steal awesome ideas I have stolen it.

What is even cooler is that I mentioned it in passing to my coworkers and all 3 of us are doing this in September. You'll notice that I am cutting sweets out and limiting myself to 1 diet coke per day. The WHOLE cupcake loving office is doing this to hold each other accountable.

So my bucket list for the next 30 days. Starting today. September 1.

:: FIT ::
1. Run 3 days a week (dogless), 1 run with dog, 4 spin classes, and 4 awesome swim sessions.
2. Ab workout - 1 per day before all my evening shows.
3. No sweets. No cookies. No cupcakes. No ice cream. Nothing. this.is.gonna.be.so.hard.i.will.die. *i am a cupcake & cookie lover*
4. Only 1 diet coke per day.

:: SHARE/CARE::
1. Take the 4 bags of clothes to Goodwill that have been sitting in my closet.
2. Finally get involved with Girls on the Run here in Atlanta

:: PERSONAL ::
1. Read at least 1 chapter per night before going to bed.
2. Go back to having 4 date nights with Kyle J per month. me.him.me.him
3. Take a Saturday afternoon to get a good (but cheap) massage - my body needs it
4. Put at least $400 in savings to use towards the wedding, my next car, or the future move back to DC. Just save it.

9 comments:

  1. that is pretty intense....especially the no cookie/cupcake part!

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this idea! i might join you...at least on the no sweets for a month part! yikes! it might be hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds awesome! Good luck, you can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWWW lady, thank you for mentioning me in your blog about the 30 Day Personal Revolution :)!! You will do an amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Plan! I like it. Also, to your massage thing... check out halfoff depot, groupon, living social and scoutmob. I've seen deals for 1/2 off spa days and massages come through this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also- fired n fabulous posted apple cupcakes the other day on her facebook. I'll find the link and send it to you. Like a cupcake but apple instead of cake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea. I might steal it too!

    I think you have some great goals to focus on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great list!!! Sweets are my downfall as well! I'm trying to work on that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is an awesome list! #3 in fit is going to be a killer (at least it would fo rme)

    ReplyDelete