Thursday, September 30, 2010

T-cubed. Three Things Thursday.

Heather & Me in Tuscaloosa!
 1. I am a firm believer that all things happen for a reason. I had been trying to figure out for awhile now how I was going to ask my good friend from college, Heather, how to be a bridesmaid in our wedding.  I really wanted to ask her in person and well, she lives in Memphis and works for a crazy sports agent who basically never lets her off work so I had basically come to the conclusion that I was going to have to ask her over the phone. When I heard she was going to Chicago this past weekend and had a 3 hour layover in the Atlanta Airport on her way back to Memphis, I was like "oh oh oh I am coming to see you - we can do dinner" ... so her and I (and her mom) had dinner Sunday in the Atlanta airport and I asked her to be a bridesmaid. ...she said yes... and we were/are both so excited and thrilled.  Her and I have so many funny and amazing memories from Tuscaloosa and she has been more than excited from day one about this wedding planning stuff.  Now Jimmy has to let her off work - I hope 500+ days is enough notice.  I would like to thank Michael Orr for sharing his free AirTran tickets with Heather. Without him and his generosity this past Sunday never would have happened.
2.  Yesterday as I was pulling out of my apartment complex to go to Walmart for a pizza I saw some dude wailing on his girlfriend.  I initially just thought "oh my god" and kept driving but then as I watched the play by play in my rear-view mirror I had to turn around to say something (since I hoped someone would stop for me if I was in her shoes) and ended up calling the Chamblee cops.  It made for an intense trip to Walmart full of 3 police officers, russian translators, and me and 2 other women who stopped having to give our statements.  Looking back - I would totally call the cops again on someone beating their girlfriend.  You just never know how it could play out if you didn't. I felt like a good samaritan for the day.  She ended up wanting to leave with him and not press charges.  I really hope she is okay...
3. Today is my last day of no sweets and only one diet coke per day.  I cannot believe I made it a whole 30 days with no cupcakes, cookies, brownies, candy etc and only 1 diet coke per day... my office used to joke that I sweat out diet coke.  I think I will totally stick to the only one diet coke per day and move to only one sweet per week.  But I a cannot wait to eat a monster cookie from corner bakery, a strawberry and cream cupcake from cami cakes, and a chocholate chip cookie from the cafe in my building.  Surprisingly, after I made it thru week 1, it really was not hard to stay away.  It didn't help that I had the support of Kyle and my whole office.

and there you have it kids. another edition of three things thursday. 1 more day to the weekend!  I hope you have something fun planned. =)

4 comments:

  1. #2 made me cry. yep, sitting here in tears. I am thankful you called the cops. She is TOO [even though her actions didn't show it]. She is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have some will power! I am down to just one diet coke per day, but no sweets? I don't know if I could do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you called the cops, she might not know now but at some point she will be able to leave him. I heard in average it takes 7 times for a woman until she leaves a beating guy. This is very sad...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for calling the police. So many people these days would not have wanted to get involved for all the wrong reasons.

    ReplyDelete