Tuesday, August 31, 2010

another month gone

...and one month closer to marine corps. august was a month where i don't know what really happened and what didn't, it was kinda just a whirlwind and i never really knew what day it was (is it wednesday or Thursday? oh it's Tuesday... huh? <---that was me almost every week). in my personal/work life - we lost a recruiter, hired a recruiter, and maintained being super busy which lead to not a lot of time to escape the office for mid day runs. then there was the fact that i am getting married and we spent 1 whole saturday looking at venues and then another saturday morning looking at more. *whoever said being engaged was fun and blissful lied to you, it's stressful* Onto what you care about... miles ran = 31.79 ... not as bad as what I thought, but still not really where they need to be.

there really is not too much to report on the running front. i didn't run any races but i did start to run with my little man mulligan (my dog) and he is really enjoying it. he looks at me with sad eyes when i do not take him with me. once fall hits, we're gonna be best of buds.

I had a BRILLIANT idea the other day for marine corps. I am constantly amazed by what my garmin can do and i remembered that i can have a little auto running pal to compete against. WELL... I am gonna set my auto friend to a 14:00 minute pace and then "race him" ... so as I watch my pace/miles/time running on race day I can also take a peek at my little runner in my watch and see how much she is beating me (meaning pick up the pace) or how much i am beating her. ....hopefully i will always be beating her meaning i am on point to finish & beat the bridge. genius, true genius.

September starts my personal revolution challenge (post to come) and that is going to force me to get in workouts and it's gonna be SO hard to not eat the sweets. September also means crazy forced training. 9.11 = 10 mile run with the Atlanta Track Club and then 9.25 = half marathon in Nashville.

1 comment:

  1. That idea of having an auto friend for your MCM is an awesome idea, I never thought about doing that for a long run or even a race. I always forget my garmin has that feature.
    I am looking forward to read your post about your personal revolution :)

    ReplyDelete