Sunday, March 1, 2015

Pure Barre Challenge. Weekend Update. Life.

Today started the March Pure Barre Challenge – 20 classes, in 31 days – or something like that. Since this is my last full month of my baby bounce back challenge package I through this would be an excellent way to push me harder, make sure I apurebarre1m in the studio as much as possible, and maximize my use of the package.  Plus, lately I have been feeling a bit hard on myself and my weight loss since McKenna was born.  And with having to order a bridesmaid dress lately and knowing that I am going to be in a wedding with like 8 beautiful and skinny girls, it has been a struggle to be happy with the progress I have made since getting back on the work out wagon. So, I took my 1st class today – 1 down, 19 to go and I am REALLY going to try to accomplish this.  Work is about to get crazy, but I think I can do this. fingers crossed.

So this weekend. We had big plans. Like spoil McKenna by going toy shopping since she seems really bored by what she has / what she has is too advanced right now.  However, those plans were halted and postposed to next weekend…. ….Kyle either got food poisoning on Friday or had a stomach bug so I was a single mom yesterday and seriously, it was exhausting.  But it is really cute because she is chattering a bunch. No clue what she is trying to communicate, after all I don’t speak baby, but it is really cute. I do not know what I am going to do once she is crawling and walking and creating scene and active. I am too old for this. However, I am thinking mommy and me Saturday morning gymnastics classes are in her future. Wear out some energy early in the AM. That may help, right?!

McKenna did get to experience her first snow this past week. babysfirstsnowNeedless to say, she was not amused and had zero interest in the falling snow or even touching what had fallen. Tough crowd little tyke. Tough crowd. And you people can say what you want, but that little baby North Face jacket may have been expensive but we have paid for that bad boy a million times over. But really, how cute is she?!

…Even with snow falling, I cannot help think about summer and this 6” melanoma scar on my back.  I know I shouldn’t be embarrassed by it, after all that one mole could have legit killed me but it didn’t.  I don’t want people to look at it and wonder what happened or for people to stare at it.  I bought workout tops that showed it off and I went and returned then.  And the diagnosis has me a little nervous about the summer and the sun in general.  I know overtime it will fade and that it is a battle wound and it shows that I am stronger and it shows that I beat something bad, but I cannot help but think how ugly it is and how large it is.

On a happier and lighter note, I am excited for this week. I have no real plans, but Kyle has a birthday and I have a busy work week which will make it fly by and I have 4 pure barre classes scheduled and 1 flywheel class and mckenna gets to go toy shopping this weekend and I may see my bestie and her husband to be this upcoming weekend and most importantly, the weather is supposed to maybe warm up a bit.

That is all my friends. I don’t have much more to say and we need to go grocery shopping + I have laundry to do and fold. Weekends.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you! I need to catch up on the blogging, but you know how that goes. Life gets in the way - and hope you are rocking the challenge! I've done seven days so far, so a long way to go (and I think I'm skipping today) but we will get there!

    ReplyDelete