Tuesday, March 31, 2015

gratitude #2 // Song of Solomon 3:4

 

“I have found the one whom my soul loves.”
--Song of Solomon 3:4

kylepost2

I have been in a relationship with Kyle for over 8 years and we have been married for 3 years and 1 week. Hands down, I would call myself lucky, but that is cliché. I would also say that I married my best friend. Again. that is cliché. But seriously, I am lucky and I am married to my best friend.  For that I am grateful. 

I may not always like Kyle and I may not always like the advice he hands out on how to handle situations, but I always love him and the advice he gives me and has given me over time has not only grown me personally, but professionally. I am grateful to have someone by my side that I don’t always have to be socially acceptable around and to have someone by my side who supports me and challenges me and grows me. 

We live in a time where people are pretty selfish, but I am married to a guy who values our quality time together and who makes it a priority to spend time with me instead of playing video games. I have a husband who looks forward to date days or morning runs together. I have a husband who likes to go to the grocery store with me, simply because it is time that we get to spend together. There is rarely a moment that I don’t feel loved. Kyle makes it a priority to make me feel loved and feel beautiful. And, it is so much more than just saying the words.

Of course. He is not without faults. He has a quick temper when annoyed or frustrated and sometimes he gets lost in video games that he forgets to do things and let’s be honest - he doesn’t have the best listening skills. But, no one is perfect and I have come to accept his quirks and short comings and I have learned to not let them get to me because it is just Kyle being Kyle.

I live in a circus. We are on a hectic, crazy road right now and I have a husband who is walking right next to me during this time and who is laughing with me and who is keeping calm when I am panicking.  Quite simply, Kyle is just a great partner to have when navigating this crazy thing called life and for that I am grateful that I never found a job in  Atlanta and had to go home to Virginia and continue working at Logan’s Roadhouse. And I am grateful for margaritas in the snow where we got to know each other even more. And I will be forever grateful that he took a huge leap and moved away form his family and friends and moved to Atlanta with me almost 7 years ago.

2 comments:

  1. Such a thoughtfully written post, and so sweet too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this :) happy anniversary to yall! when i saw it on fb, i couldn't believe it had already been 3 years!?!?

    ReplyDelete