Monday, March 23, 2015

52 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge : #1 Why Start?

 

52weeks

Last week I came across this blogging challenge on a blog that I used to read a long time ago.  And as you know, it is a personal goal of mine to get back into this blogging thing on the regular a bit more.  And I thought, what is better than a 52 week challenge? Plus, I really liked the concept and it would commit me to a solid year of blogging about something other than my daughter and my dogs and my husband uber boring life.

whystart

when I decided to commit to this challenge there was the “it will commit me to opening my laptop and blogging” piece.  But more importantly, it will force me to take a step back from my busy life and to express gratitude for something. Confession: I sometimes get so wrapped up in the bad. and the gray. and the drama. that I miss the little things in life that are so good. while I am busy complaining about something small or rolling my eyes at the situation I am in, I am missing out on how lucky I am. in all honestly, I know I am one lucky girl… …but I am not always a little ray of sunshine so I hope this challenge changes me and my outlook on life!  my goal is that when I get to week #52 and answer the “did  this challenge change you” question/post I will be able to say yes.

Are you up for the challenge?! If so… …do it with me. It will be fun and I would love to hear what other people are grateful for. Just let me know that you’re doing it so I can make sure I am following your blog.

1 comment:

  1. I love this challenge idea. I also have to really watch my attitude at times. For some reason stress, or being overly tired, etc. send my mind straight to what is bothering me and I have to force myself to focus on my many blessings. I may have to actually commit to doing this one! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete