Friday, February 20, 2015

5 Things Friday

I have been meaning to REALLY do a post for awhile now. I know I did a half effort “catch up” post a week or so ago, but that was lame and totally not worth the reading.  And in all honesty, we really don’t have any earth shattering news to share. We are just working and hanging out in absolutely freezing cold weather.

1. I HAVE PAID OFF MY CAR!! This is huge. And I mean huge. That is $300 extra income per month which is {again} huge.  After McKenna was born Kyle & I updated how we filed our taxes and something went a little wrong so we ended up getting a pretty large refund from both the state and federal government. With that money {and some money from previous bonuses and some money from my mom and dad} we paid my car off. Now, don’t get me wrong – we were never in a true financial bind – but to have an extra $300 per month is going to help a lot since random expenses seem to just you know, pop up. :: cough, I had to buy 4 new tires last week which means Kyle probably needs 4 new tires too, cough ::

2. I am a Pure Barre addict again… I bought the baby bounce back package last year and finally got to start up in January once I got the all clear from my dermatologist and I have been going 3 – 4 days a week.  I am seeing major changes in my body and feel better and since I go at lunch most days it gets me out of a funk when I am in one.  Then Saturday mornings are just a nice way to start my day with “me time” before I dive into all day family, baby, and errands time.  I did just sign up for the March Challenge – 20 classes in 31 days – and if I complete it I could win some free classes. So, if you’re seeing this Deb, pick me, I think you’re wonderful and great and pretty and I will butter you up to rig the results and pick me.  :: sadly, once my baby bounce back is up, I do not know if I can afford it and may need to cheat on them with pink barre and their new member special ::

3. I am also tossing around the idea of a half marathon this year …  every time I talk about running or tell someone that I used to run half marathons and full marathons I get a little bit sentimental. But then I wonder if I want to commit to the training. But then I remember I am notorious for not really training for them and just running and finishing.  Keep you posted.

4. McKenna is in a big kid car seat. That is all. I just can’t deal with her growing up so far on me.

5. Kyle & I had the most low key Valentine’s Day … and it was great.  We didn’t have to fight the crowds and fight for a reservation somewhere.  We just split a bottle {or 2} of wine. Grilled shrimp and filets and made orzo and a veggie and had an easy night it. Of course, we couldn’t ditch the 3rd wheel and McKenna was sitting at the table with us. Just shaking her blocks and throwing Sophie around the kitchen.  BUT! I wouldn’t have had it any other way.

1 comment:

  1. Girl you can do that half marathon! Go for it! YAY on paying off your car! How awesome!

    ReplyDelete