Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Weekend Round Up.

.most.relaxing.weekend.ever.
but seriously. it was.

after last weekend and kyle sitting through pretty much TV hell {90201 and Ramona and Beezus}, we decided it would be "fun" to have a Netflix movie marathon one weekend.  And we chose this past weekend. and. seriously. where to begin?!
:: FRIDAY ::
Pretty much a typical Friday night in the Shanahan house.  Kyle went to the gym. I "played" with the dogs {aka drank wine on the back porch and read a book}.  Took the pups for a walk/got stopped by an overly chatty lady who stole our early evening to talk about anything and everything.  And then we had dinner.  BUT.  Not your typical Friday night at the local Mexican restaurant. Back in the day, Kyle and I used to make mini personal, English muffin pizzas all the time and suddenly, randomly stopped.  But I brought the tradition back and we had so much fun {and decided that this is wayyyy cheaper than Papa Johns}. And our normal entertainment {Shark Tank} was cancelled because some cray cray decided he wanted to walk from the US to Canada over Niagara Falls on a tightrope. So of course we watched wondering WTF? and if he would fall. But the excitement/thrill was taken away when we learned ABC was making him wear a harness. Long story short, we both agreed we wanted those 2 hours of our lives back.
English Muffin Pizzas: Bake 20 minutes on 375* all you need is English muffins, pizza sauce, pizza cheese, and your toppings!  So easy and it forced my husband to be in the kitchen with me. VICTORY!

:: SATURDAY ::
I started the day off at the spa. not going to lie - they were pretty unorganized {which surprised me a lot since it was a Marriott spa} but it was a groupon deal so i cannot be too annoyed with the mass confusion. The massage and facial were uber relaxing and made me crave a nap.  But I told myself no and that I had to get amped up for the TV Show marathon {We chose White Collar}. 

But. I got home. Ready to make my grocery shopping list to prep for the HOURS of TV watching only to learn that Kyle wanted to go to Best Buy after cutting the grass.  {Original Plan: Me grocery shop while Kyle mows.  Kyle showers, I make snacks. Then onto the main event.} ...Obviously Kyle missed out on the "movie marathons" in college and doesn't understand that THEY ARE ALL DAY EVENTS.  They don't start at 3.  I HAD SNACKS PLANNED!

Anyway.  We went to Best Buy.  Yawn.  And Target.  And at 4:00 PM just in time for dinner we got the show on the road.  :: Not Cool Kyle J.  Not Cool. ::  ...Needless to say, I told him that he pretty sucked at movie marathons and we needed a "do over".  {which has been scheduled.} ... When we finally got started I tried to make these baked mozzarella bites, but it was a total failure and I couldn't get the bread crumbs to stick to the milk coated string cheese so I skipped right to dinner and well, dinner was fabulous and easy and will be a staple in our lives going forward ...

croissant hamburgers. croissant rolls. hamburger meet. cheese. so easy and so good.  Recipe HERE
We ended up watching about 6 episodes of White Collar - which is an awesome show and I vote that Matt Bomer plays Christain Grey when they make the 50 Shades movies.  And I guess that does constitute as a TV Time marathon -- it just got started too late for my liking. And since I had never really woken up from the day before I crawled into bed at 10:00 and called it a day.

::SUNDAY ::
FATHERS DAY!! We opened presents from the puppies and I made Kyle his favorite sausage muffins.  And we started the TV watching marathon.  But... about 4 episodes in Kyle needed "break" to take a nap.  You know, since sitting on the couch is soooo hard.  And his break was a nap.  Really.  His life.  So hard.  How does he do it?!
For dinner we had another Pinterest recipe.  I made Chicken Alfredo Roll Ups and let me tell you, it was so good.  Annoying to make {since you have to roll the chicken in the lasagna noodles with Alfredo sauce} so it will only be a weekend meal.

Chicken Alfredo Roll Ups - recipe HERE - highly recommend!!

Over dinner we watched 2 more episodes of White Collar and then Kyle called it quits.  So I just started up 90210. :)

WE DIDN'T EVEN MAKE IT THROUGH A WHOLE SEASON DURING OUR "MARATHON WEEKEND" ... therefore, even though I enjoyed hanging out with him... it was a failure.  K really needs to work on his marathon movie watching skills.  But I will say that is one of our big difference -- I can sit in front of the TV all day ... he cannot.

But... it was a relaxing weekend.  Relaxing and indulgent.  So much food and TV!

1 comment:

  1. I love English muffins pizzas! So easy and kinda perfect!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete