Wednesday, June 13, 2012

* Random Rambles *


Tangets of life. Tangents of life!
  • Ok. So get this. In Georgia {at one busy part} it is now legal to drive on the wrong side of the road. I at first thought that we were all going to die and it was going to be mass confusion, but so far it has been okay. The first time I did it, I could not help but think that I was doing something wrong. But I was not. Therefore, I have embraced Atlanta's Diverging Diamond Intersection.  I have not agreed that it has fixed said busy road's congestion issue but it has made the commute more interesting.  And {Granted it has only been like 2 weeks} there are still so many morons who have no idea what lane they're supposed to be in and I know they do this like every day.  For the love, follow the signs and do just what you did yesterday {as long as it was right}.
  • I am so so so ready for football season.  79 days and counting. 79 days till we beat Michigan. And the Twitter war {that I did not follow other than cliff notes versions in articles} between McCarron and the Honeybadger have me so so so ready.  And it was recently announced that we play LSU at 7 PM and CBS will be airing it.  That just may be a Bama Bar game {and I will make Heather come into town} ... and maybe they will cross the 50 yard line.  ROLL. TIDE.

  • We put a sock on her paw to protect it!
    Oh our dogs. Our Dogs. Mulligan went to the vet on Saturday morning because we noticed for 2 weeks he was just licking and licking his paw. It turns out he must have gotten bit by a bug or something, making him lick and lick, and that created some weird skin condition that was brought on by the licking - making him lick more. And that all turned into a yeast infection between his toes. And Kennesaw. She had her first vet visit on Monday since getting her off the streets because she was limping something horrible and couldn't put pressure on her paw. We looked at it and she somehow sliced her pad and part of her paw in between her toes and they ended up actually removing part of the paw since every time she would walk it would rip more. yikes. painful. Two vet visits in like 4 days. oi vey. But don't get me wrong. We love love love our pups and we cannot recommend our vet {The Village Vets in Decatur} more than we already do.
  • The Peachtree - I got my race number today and my corral BLOWS.  I am in corral U - I was in H last time.  Granted, I know that I have not been running, but I don't want to be lumped with the really slow people and I know that I will be walking/weaving for most of the race being in this corral {heck, I walked a weaved most of the race when I was way near the front because people line up in the wrong corrals}.  I am just wondering if it will be worth it.  And I could totally sell my race number - which is totally illegal in the Peachtree running world, but nothing about running this race gets me excited especially since I am so far back with a 8:51 start.  Anyone want to buy a race number?! :)
  • The current great debate in my house is: do we file our taxes as married -1 or married - 0 .. I would like all the opinions in the world.
  • Kyle and I merged our bank accounts this past weekend. And it was pretty uneventful. My panic attack 2 weekend ago about it was 100% because we had not talked about anything. I needed to get my accounts in order. talk about allowances and how we were going to save our money. and work on a budget. Since we hashed it all out and I made a pretty impressive Excel Spreadsheet to track our spending I was sane and okay and ready to merge.
  • We have 8 savings accounts :: The moving fund, the buying a house fund, the just because fund, the oh we over budgeted this month fund, the baby fund, the college education fund, the future vacations fund, and the new car fund {which obviously won't be touched for 5+ years}!
  • And.  We have decided we're quite the pair.  All this money management talk has made us communicate WAY more and we're totally on the same page.  Who needs premarital counseling?  Just merge bank accounts!!
  • People drive me crazy. Crazy mad. I need a vacation or a mental health day. Or a mini moment of hibernation.
  • I am FINALLY cashing in one of my Groupons and spending the morning at the spa on Saturday. Never have I ever needed a day of pampering as much as I do now. Massage and facial. Le Sigh.
  • I AM SO SO SO EXCITED FOR THIS WEEKEND!  So excited there will be a super awesome blog post to follow.  Kyle and I are having a Netflix movie and TV show marathon {all after my spa day of course}.  And I mean ALL weekend starting Friday night.  We are gonna make mini pizzas on english muffins and then try all sorts of Pinterst finger foods - like hamburger croissants and home made mozzarella sticks.  Be prepared.  It will be a foodtastic post! :o)
  • And... this weekend was dreamed up by my wonderful husband man ... only because he sat around and watched Ramona and Beezus and tons of 90210 episodes with me this weekend.  Love.  True Love.
  • I need fun, sassy, funky blogs to follow.  Send me recommendations please!

No comments:

Post a Comment