Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Very Tory Burch Birthday & Bieber Fever!

Yesterday I got one year closer to the grave AKA I had a birthday and turned the big 2-8.  And let me tell you, it was a pretty good birthday.  Of course I had to work, but I had a birthday lunch with my office girls and was surprised by my friend and her baby at the office.  Of course her son is so presh and I cannot believe how small and tiny he is, but he is so cute. But other that it was fairly low key.  I was passed out at 10:00 PM.  I am such a party animal.

But, I am calling this birthday "A Very Tory Burch Birthday" {you know like a very merry Christmas - only this is a birthday and Tory Burch filled ... ok ok i know, i am reaching}, since if you know me in real life you know that I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tory Burch.  Kyle got me the earrings that I have been wanting for months and I absolutely love them.  They're bigger than I thought so I really wonder how people can wear the large ones.  And my friend from work got me a Tory Burch mouse pad/notepad combo and I broke it out of the wrapping real quick.  But... I am probably never going to actually write anything on it because it it Tory and well, I wouldn't want to use it all up.



And then today was filled with name changing activities - I was up at 5:30 AM to get pretty and ready for the DMV to become Barbara Shanahan on my license. Then I had to call USAA to change my name on my car insurance.  We were going to go and merge our bank account together but I had a minor panic attack/freak out about my accounts "not being in order" -- I am not really sure what that means or where it came from.  But I feel like I need to ensure all our bills go through that are linked to my checking account before we do anything crazy.  Kyle was not "thrilled" with my minor panic attack, but I promised him next week.  I am sorry ya'll but merging bank accounts is HUGE and I am being put on an allowance and I feel like him and I have not sat down and budgeted out our lives enough to be at the bank merging and combining.  It is all just a lot to take in. 

:: deep breaths. it will all be okay. deep breaths. what's mine is his and what's his is mine ::

But that was not the excitement of the day.  My work friend Afton and I are Bieber fans.  Yes, we know we are not 14 year old girls - but we still REALLY wanted to go to his concert in January.  So we game planned. Afton was going to stay home and try Ticketmaster from her house and I headed to the office for the super fast Internet.  We plotted our actions and everything.  We said go for 6 and if we cannot get 6 we will get 4.  We then decided that I would try for 4 and she would try for 6.  We even knew that we only wanted section 100 or 200 - sections 300 and 400 would not be worth the money. We figured with both of us trying we were sure to get tickets.  Oh we were so wrong!  Despite being logged into Ticketmaster at 9:45 AM {AT THE OFFICE ON A SATURDAY} with my Ticketmaster account pulled up, the map of Phillips Arena out so we could compare who had better seats {dictating who would buy the tickets}, credit card information updated and ready for quick  easy check out we still ended up ticket-less.  And... when we looked on StubHub a $100 ticket was already marked up to like $200+.  Life just is not fair.  Our plan of seeing the Biebs was dashed!  ...With that said, her and I will continue to watch Ticketmaster and try for tickets up until the concert date.  If Afton and I are anything... we are persistent.

And tonight we're doing my birthday dinner at Brio which I am excited about and then tomorrow I figure I will try and no more name changing activities - like get a new passport picture so I can get a new passport and then work on my tax forms and hope I file correctly. 


1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday! I love that Tory Burch mouse pad! :)

    ReplyDelete