Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday's Letters

I have had some free time on my hands now that I am not planning a wedding. Probably too much free time. So, I have started exploring other blogs and have found some pretty cool things.  One of those "cool things" is this "Friday Letters" link up.  Granted, I don't know the full who.what.where.when.why. but I think I got the jist down good enough to participate. So, with that introduction, today I am linking up with Ashley over at Adventures of Newlyweds for my very first Fridays Letters. :)


 

Dear Husband: I feel like a total dork, but I am really excited for our movie marathon this weekend.  If we thought merging bank accounts and starting a budget was a test to our marriage, just wait till we have to decide on movie after movie and TV series after TV series.  That my love will be the real test.  Chick Flicks please? Annie? xoxo, the sun will come out tomorrow.

Dear Dad:  HAPPY FATHERS DAY!! :)  I hope you have a super fabulous weekend and remember that you're LOVED by your two crazy kids in Atlanta.  Thank you for always being the best father a girl could ask for and thank you for standing by my side on the biggest and best day of my life.  You really are pretty great and Sam and I really are pretty lucky!  Talk to you on Sunday, don't forget to answer the phone!!  xoxo.

Dear Weekend: I am so forever grateful for you.  I cannot wait to lounge around and wear my PJs for days and eat lots of food and not worry about anything but the next movie or TV show to watch.  Treat me well.

Dear The University of Alabama: Are you serious about life?! Raising out of state tuition to $11,475 per semester.  That is $22,950 per year.  Like, I want my children to go to Alabama and be little Roll Tide babies, but that is like $100K+ for just 4.5 years(you know the average amount of time it takes a kid to graduate).  And that is just in 2012-2013. In 20, 21 years what will it cost Kyle and me?!  Thank goodness we already have a kids college fund.  xoxo - a December '06 graduate/Alabama legacy who wants her kids to be students too!

Dear Mom & Dad: For real.  Thanks for paying for my college tuition.

Dear Heather my bestie: I am so grateful for you, our long on the way to work chats, your words of wisdom, and ability to always make me laugh. I hope you have an AMAZING birthday weekend and beach trip and get all the Tory in the world one could handle. :) I hope your birthday card came and it wasn't too warped and wacky from the rainstorm. {Reminder: check the weather before mailing cards} I cannot wait to see your pretty face 2 times in July.  xoxo happy birthday - enjoy the back slide into 30!

Dear Face: Why are you covered in big ugly unattractive zits?  Sure I may have gotten married, but I still need to be pretty. sheesh!

Dear Mulligan and Kennesaw: No more paw issues please.  No more issues at all please.  If we could stick to our 1 vet visit per year schedule that would fabulous.  Think about it for 2013.  K.  Thanks.

Dear Spa at Evergreen: I cannot wait to be spoiled and pampered  this Saturday morning.  I am in total need of a good massage and I hope your excellent facial ladies can fix my gross face.  See above.  It needs help.  Signed, hopeful zitty girl!

Dear Pinterest: Weee I am gonna do so much baking and cooking this weekend!  Thanks for all the ideas!! :)

Dear Runners and Walkers:  My buddy Elizabeth is hosting a giveaway for a free entry for the Atlanta 13.1 race.  You can enter HERE ... but don't enter too many times because I want to win!

5 comments:

  1. A movie marathon with the hubs sounds amazing!

    And holy wow on the tuition!! That's just crazy!

    Hope you have an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can’t wait to see what all you make this weekend from pinterest….and what you make kyle watch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi just a yucky UT girl here visiting from the link up :) Just kidding. My honey is Bama fan, so we can totally be friends! haha Congrats on your recent marriage, I'm planning a wedding so I'm following you now for tips! I'm gonna find you on Pinterest too. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from Friday Letters! Congrats on the wedding! I feel you on tuition..but im paying my own :/ luckily im going to community college right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i looove movie marathons. great letters! love your blog! xo

    ReplyDelete