Monday, August 1, 2011

invitations {round 2}

I ordered a few sample invitations from Wedding Paper Divas a few months back to start the wedding invitation browsing portion of wedding planning.  What I thought I would like I was not in love with and we all know I want to LOVE things so I am taking the time to make permanent decisions.

From {round one} there are one or two invitations that made the cut to the maybe pile.  but now we’re looking at more invitations (and by we’re, I really mean I am).  So when the big envelope came in the mail I was really excited to look at them.

And here are some samples of invites that I am looking at currently:

invitecollage

I like #2 and #3 the most – mainly because of their simplicity. #1 has a vintage, lace feel to it, but #2 just has the simple, clean lines, kate spade look that I love and #3 – it is just neat looking (this picture does not do it justice).  And one of the many reasons I L-O-V-E Wedding Paper Divas is because their invites are customizable so I can get them in my wedding colors.

I am leaning more towards #2 but with a few changes. A purple tile ribbon thing (rather than the green), navy blue letters (rather than charcoal), and our names in the same purple as the tile ribbon thing.

I am going to send the invitations I like up to VA for my Mom to take a look at and then from there I guess we will come to a decision (hopefully) on the formal invite.  Invites don’t need to go out till January (per our fabulous wedding planning lady) but I figure they need to be printed and ordered sometime within the next few months since I am not sure how long that will take. 

And, when my Dad said, you don’t really have a lot of time left, he was not joking.  Did you know it is August?!

1 comment:

  1. I'm just catching up with the blog. #3 gets my vote. But, of course, it's been a while since you posted this so you probably already ordered!

    ReplyDelete