Saturday, August 13, 2011

Adventures in “Moneymoon” planning

We have given our honeymoon the nickname “moneymoon” …. because it is so expensive and is going to cost a lot of money. har har har, we’re so funny.

But today was our passport application day and going to the bank to transfer money day and just a morning of time spent together.  And goodness, it was a total adventure.

I had a 9:00 passport appointment and Kyle had his appointment at 9:15.  Thursday night I filled out our applications online and printed them.  Gathered the pictures together and put them in a folder with our check books.  I was super prepared (or so I though).  We got to the Post Office this morning (after dodging about 50 cyclists acting all erratic)  to find out we have my passport photos, but Kyle’s …. yeah they’re at home.  (I somehow forgot to pack them.)  Luckily, we go to the post office at 8:50 so Kyle left to go grab his and I went along and applied for my passport.  Kyle gets back to the post office & is looking over his application and yeah…. our printer ran out of back ink so his application was pretty much blank.  (yeah, I probably should have checked that…) ….SO I was writing super fast to fill out his application.  Needless to say, Kyle made it back in time for his 9:15 appointment and we both paid our $135 to be passport owners.  (Super big thanks to the postman who told me that I have a year to change my name for free on the passport.)

From the post office we headed to Navy Federal so I could give Kyle $1000 so we could put the $2000 down to book our moneymoon to St. Lucia.  (now do you understand why we’re calling it a moneymoon?!?!)  Pretty painless, I may have stuttered when I said transfer $1000 to his account, but it is okay.  We’ve booked our 5 day trip to St. Lucia. (checking another thing off my knot.com to do list)

We then decided to go to breakfast because it was 10:00 in the morning and leaving the bank Kyle’s driving was less than stellar.  He accidently ran a red light as I said “and you’re aware you’re running a red light right?!” (on accident and no worries Mom and Auntie Jean, we’re alive and safe and in 1 piece) and the cars on 85north were less than amazing with their slow driving or erratic changing of lanes. But I introduced Kyle to The Waffle House and a big breakfast for under $20 and we made it there safe and sound.  =)

As a wrap up….  we should have passports in 4-6 weeks, Kyle likes The Waffle House, and Kyle and I decided that nothing good happens before 11:00 AM on the weekends so we should just sleep in or hide out in our house on the couch.  That.is.the.life.

No comments:

Post a Comment