Thursday, December 16, 2010

three things thursday.

thursday hello again. weekend. come faster. please.
well. i wrote this early since right now I am en route to Charlottesville VA for Kyle's best friend's wedding. I may just freeze to death and if that is the case. It has been real. =)
1. kyle and i live in an apartment. we like our apartment despite the crazy events that have happened here in the 2 years we have lived here. we just have the viewpoint that things happen when you live in apartments, you kinda sign up for it.  WELL... we want to rent a house. Our lease is up 2.24.11 and we (err... I) have been scouring the web for rental properties.  We're running into a few issues (1) all the cute houses are pretty much in the ghetto (2) all the houses are renting for WAY too much (3) houses in our price range in the areas we like that look like winners don't allow for pets. (4) when we find a house we like the realtor just drops off the face of the earth.  I don't want to be homeless and I want my dog to have backyard.
2.  I sometimes I look back at past blog posts and wonder hi. did you graduate college? do you know the differences between your there/their/they're. I understand that I am just writing a bunch of nonsense and jibberish and my brain is moving faster than my fingers but seriously, I am 26 years old with a college degree, I should know the difference. (I almost typed "no" instead of "know. oi.) The worst part about the whole lack of correct use of words is that not knowing that sort of thing (there/their/they're ... we're/were ... its/it's) is a top pet peeve of mine.  ...so for future reference, please do not judge me or think i am a moron...
3.  I do not tend to talk about my job too much. Our company has a crazy social media policy. My friend and I always joke that her infamous facebook post is what prompted said media policy but whatever. My job. I am a recruiter. It makes for some long hours, stressful times, but some awesome stories. You really have to be able to laugh at things when you're a recruiter for a staffing firm.  We have a girl who calls into our branch every week to let us know she is available and looking... and everytime she spells her last name for us and says "E as in apple" ... wait what? E = apple. No it doesn't. Not in my world and probably not in yours either.

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha wow! How does one get e=apple? Thats new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha just stumbled on your blog and I love it already! My parents are from and live in Northern VA, but I live and have attended undergrad in Atlanta, and now law school! Super cute blog- it's pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, we have some dumb social media rules as well (which is why you'll rarely hear me talk about it on my blog)

    ReplyDelete