Saturday, December 4, 2010

…starting over… rebuilding it all …

it is time to get back on the running wagon.  i have taken over a month now to do basically anything and everything but work out and run {i have loved the dinners and drinks and hours of lifetime movies}.  i have noticed that my endurance and ability to do things like long dog walks is not where it was this time 2 months ago….

everyone is creating their 2011 race calendars. i have 3 things on mine. a 10k, ragnar, and rock and roll savannah. holla if you're a slacker. HOLLA!

so. to start my 2011 off i am going to run the polar bear run (how fitting with my foto friday lazy polar bears) on jan 22. that is 7 weeks till my next race. it is just a 5k and last year i was getting over the 5k distance… but i think it is the perfect way to ease myself back into running.

i plugged into runners world smart coach and plugged in my “want” 5k time of 30 minutes. made a training plan for 7 weeks and came up with this:

 

week date mon. tues. wed. thurs. fri. sat. sun.
1 12/6 -
12/12
rest/
xt
easy 2
miles
rest/
xt
easy run 2 XT easy run 2 blast
900
2 12/13-
12/19
rest/
xt
easy 2
miles
rest/
xt
easy run 2 XT easy run 3 blast
900
3 12/20-
12/26
rest/
xt
easy 2
miles
rest/
xt
east run 3 XT easy run 4 blast
900
4 12/27-
1/2
rest/
xt
easy 2
miles
rest/
xt
easy run 3 XT easy run 5 blast
900
5 1/3 -
1/9
rest/
xt
easy 2
miles
rest/
xt
easy run 2 XT easy run 2 blast
900
6 1/10-
1/16
rest/
xt
easy 2
miles
rest/
xt
easy run 2 XT easy run 3 blast
900
7 1/17-
1/23
rest/
xt
easy 2
miles
rest/
xt
easy run 3 XT RACE
DAY
blast
900

so here is my training plan… which this month will be hard with heading to Charlottesville VA for Kyle's best friend’s wedding and then going home to DC for Christmas… but I am bound and determined to get in work outs on both trips. ….plus i am going to start making blast 900 a weekly occurrence in my life.

it is kinda weird to see such low miles, but i think it is going to be more fun than anything because there will be no pressure and it will let me ease back into this running thing….  ….now i just have to remember to work out on my designated kyle/barbie gym days.

5 comments:

  1. A 5k sounds like a great idea! It's been so long since I've run such a short race - you are making me want to sign up for one to see what I could do. Good luck hitting your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when a new race plan starts with "rest"! Good for you for getting back at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jenna renee - check out blast900.com ... it is a crazy awesome workout here in Atlanta. By far the best work out I have EVER had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to ask what blast was too.

    Looks like a solid plan.

    ReplyDelete