Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 goals revisited.

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!! 

 Yikes, really, where did 2010 go?!  I hope everyone had an awesome year and are looking forward to an even better 2011! ...with the end of the year, I guess that means I need to revisit what I had planned for the year and see how well I did/did not do.

And here we go...

  1. resolution one: take this thing called running more seriously. actually TRAIN for big events. don't go out and wing it. {result: um. I did a lot of winging it this year. I think the only race I was REALLY prepared for was the Atlanta 13.1 in October and it was more of a training run than a race. whoops.}
  2. which leads to resolution two: run at the minimum 60 miles per month. do the 10% rule so i do not get injured.  {result: lets as a group laugh out loud at this one. i had i think 2 months over 60 miles and 2 months under 10 miles.}
  3. resolution three: incorporate cross training. swim. row. kick box. take spin classes. I signed up at LA Fitness ... now I just have to use it. {result: truth be told, i did a lot more cross training at the beginning of the year and when i canceled my gym membership i started doing none. i learned that swimming is hard and i LOVE spin.}
  4. resolution four: focus on pace and form to get faster. build my endurance. incorporate hill training, tempo runs, speed workouts. focus on long distances. just get faster. {result: hills: yes. tempo runs: no. speed workouts: iffy. focus on distance: iffy just get faster: ehh kinda.}
  5. resolution five: do more races. focus on finding 10ks rather than 5ks. I am at a point where a 5k is fun, but it is not a challenge for me. I want to be challenged in 2010 ~ shall we call 2010 the year of 10ks?! **don't hear me wrong, I will still run them ... work toward a PR, but I want to focus on distance next year!** {result: I started out with a lot of 10ks and some 5ks, about one per month. then it got pricey so i scaled back at the end of the year. ...and so did my running.}
  6. resolution six: run a half marathon (or more) and be prepared for it - rock it out! {result: total half marathons run: 3 total ready for 1.5 (Atlanta, yes. ING pretty much. Nashville, if the hills were not so killer than yes)}
 and with that my friends, we have my year in a nutshell. going into 2011 lets hope I can learn to balance work, my relationship, and running.

total miles: 387.03 for the year...

3 comments: