Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Thanks Runners World.

After both the Disney Marathon & Marine Corps there are 6 words that i muttered after both races.  those 6 words were -- "i am never doing that again"  -- but we have all been there and said that and then we let the pain wear off and we're hunting for the next race.

i don't think i will do another full marathon anytime soon. my job just does not allow for the time that it takes to put into one. after marine corps i said that 2011 would be the year of half marathons and small local races ... a year that i would spend working on speed and endurance and hills and everything that holds me back from a GREAT marathon.

but the january 2011 runners world issue had a piece focused on great "first marathons"  ... granted it won't be my 1st but my 3rd marathon i do have a new list of races I want to do and i think one of these would be a good one for whenever i chose to conquer the 26.2 again. 

new marathons that i want to do...
  • Napa Valley Marathon -- spring race
  • Flying Pig Marathon -- spring race
  • Ogden Marathon -- spring/early summer race -- the course looks beautiful.
  • Fargo Marathon -- spring/early summer race
  • Steamtown Marathon -- fall race
  • Portland Marathon
lets be serious ... i probably won't do all of them.... but it is always fun to hear about other races.  ....have any of you done any of these races?! if so... what are your thoughts?!

5 comments:

  1. I have not done any of those. :(

    I want to do Flying Pig though. I mean it had me at the name. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how we forget the pain of the race enough to sign up for another. Just like having babies. Haven't done any marathons, but heard good things about Flying Pig...as long as you're not afraid of some hills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I read that article too and was already planning in my head! They sure know how to suck us in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on looking for new races, I'm planning on a fall marathon. The Wineglas marathon in Corning NY looks very good and also Richmond. We will see :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was actually considering Portland this year. A friend of mine ran in this year and I think she liked it. Glad to know about that article-haven't had time to read mine yet but I have been thinking about my 2011 running goals. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete